PRIME RIB (New Best Ever!!!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
 This prime rib was taken off at 130, let it rest for 30 min and turned out great!!! First time doing one!!
Looks real nice Jon!!
drool.gif

Did you follow my Step by Step?

If not, you should start a thread of your own & tell us how you did it.

Bear

Bear,

1. I take it you did not put any wood chips in the smoker?

2. What is that rack like thing under the meat in the picture in the smoker? Where can I get that?
3. Was the AMPS running the entire time? If so, why not just use chips in the MES?

Thanks, Awesome looking roast!
drool.gif

Bear,

1. I take it you did not put any wood chips in the smoker?

No Chips.

2. What is that rack like thing under the meat in the picture in the smoker? Where can I get that?

That is a thing made of foil that fits over your grill, that I was trying to see if it would help with clean-up. I don't even remember it's name, but I found it to be junk anyway.
3. Was the AMPS running the entire time? If so, why not just use chips in the MES?

Yes I use my AMNS and AMNPS exclusively, because I like to be able to get up to 11 straight hours of perfect, consistent, continuous, light smoke. You can't get that any other way.

Thanks, Awesome looking roast!
drool.gif
Bear

What kind of cheese or cheeses are you going to use.  How long will you smoke the mac?  Cream cheese just out of the wrapper works well in a little over an hour.  People have no idea it's cream cheese, that it just tastes great.

Whoohoo!  Can't wait.  Thank you.  Any tips on pork tenderloin and fingerling potatoes?

Best regards, Bill
At the bottom of ALL of my posts is a link:

Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

However I don't have one on Tenderloin or Fingerling potatoes.

Sorry,

Bear
Our Easter supper on Sunday is gonna consist of this Prime Rib, smoked mac & cheese, and Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans. I'm pretty excited!
Sounds Great !!

I don't blame you for being excited !!!

Everybody Loves Dutch's Beans!!

Bear

My uncle died of cancer this past December, and it was a big tradition that every year he made prime rib for the family around Christmas time. Since we missed it this year and in his honor, we decided to do it at Easter, at his house. Now, I've never cooked a prime rib before today. Not in the oven, not on a pit. And now I have 36# of it to make magic with.

I did a bunch of research and found this guide to be the most helpful resource for me putting a bunch of REALLY expensive meat on the line for my family. I ended up having to finish it in the oven because my time ran short, but it turned out very well. Nothing but compliments and remarks of how my uncle would have been proud. Thanks for the help, Bear.  (also to whomever mentioned the Pioneer Woman burgundy mushrooms, they went wonderfully with this)

Ready to throw them into the War Wagon. She's still not quite finished, but we're really close to getting her painted.

And it begins...

Time to speed things up in the oven. We got the smoke, now we need to get er done.

That's what we're lookin for right there.

The leavins from two  of the roasts.

One pro tip I will add: don't put two roasts into one pan for the rest period. Those two got a little more done, the perfect one was in its own pan for the drive. I'll not make that mistake twice.

Picked up a 6lb prime rib, its all seasoned as bears instructions. Also got my amazing smoker yesterday! I have pit master and pecan pellets. What do you guys recommend for prime?

Beautiful Job, Rowsdower!!

That's a lot of Outstanding looking Prime Rib!!

I'm real glad my method worked good for you!

Very Sorry about your Uncle, but I'm sure he'd be Proud of the Job you did.

Bear

Picked up a 6lb prime rib, its all seasoned as bears instructions. Also got my amazing smoker yesterday! I have pit master and pecan pellets. What do you guys recommend for prime?
Cherry is good, but Cherry pellets don't work good by themselves.

Either of those two would be fine!

A lot of different smoke works good on Prime Rib, but I'm kinda stuck on Hickory.

Hickory is about all I use on anything.

If I had to choose between Pit Master and Pecan for Prime Rib, I'd probably go with the Pit Master.

Bear

Cherry is good, but Cherry pellets don't work good by themselves.
Either of those two would be fine!
A lot of different smoke works good on Prime Rib, but I'm kinda stuck on Hickory.
Hickory is about all I use on anything.
If I had to choose between Pit Master and Pecan for Prime Rib, I'd probably go with the Pit Master.

Bear

That's what I was thinking

I think I'll do one this weekend as well.
Great !!

I'm not sure when I can do mine. It takes 3 days to thaw from 0°. Then I got a 1st Birthday Party on Sunday.

Hopefully if not too much rain Saturday, I can sneak it in there.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky