Post Smoke Brine

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brandon wiczen

Original poster
Nov 26, 2013
Ok, so, unusual question. I'm working with an already smoked bone in pork loin. The end result is that I'm going to glaze and grill it. I want to impart some more flavor and moisture into it. Would you all recommend a wet brine or a dry one?

So I am going to chime in here...

What you are suggesting makes no sense to me. If the loin is already smoked, has it not already been seasoned?

Adding more salt would make your product come out dry and over seasoned.

You could soak the pork in water for a period of time to pull some of the salt out but this would also remove smoke flavor.

If you want to impart more moisture, you could inject the pork before grilling and glazing.

My $0.02.... A bargain at twice the price.... :emoji_laughing:

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: jcam222
I would also just glaze. Key will be to warm it back up, but not so far to dry it out.

Last edited:
Is this a smoke cooked loin or a cured and smoked loin? Did you sample it and determine that it's dry? it is hard to get lost moistness back and a glaze will only hide dry meat until the first bite.

Reactions: JC in GB
I have tried it and its a surprisingly good product. Sorry, this is harder to explain in this format vs having a conversation.

My main goal is keeping it from drying out during the reheat process for service on Sunday.

Attachments

• 20210401_145451.jpg
    20210401_145451.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210314_170454.jpg
    20210314_170454.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 6
I take back the inject comment. Would probably be to salty. Just cut them and heat up on a hot grill. Add some glaze if you want. Should be really good.

The smoke/salt levels are surprisingly low. I went with a simple salt, sugar, honey, and water brine for them. Then they'll be grilled and glazed with a orange and Amaretto glaze.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky