• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yup - that is the good end of the pork loin. It can handle being sliced, breaded and fried very well also. For roasting, it's fantastic. It's pork prime rib.....

Think of a pork loin like you would think about a cow loin. There is a NY Strip end, and a ribeye end. If you are looking at a tasty animal, the ribeye is the portion of that loin nearer to the head of the critter. What you see more often is the strip end - and between both pork and beef the strip has to be handled a little more carefully (heat wise) as to not make it tough. Both critters ribeyes can be taken up to close to pull temp and still be delicious imo.

As a tribute to Bearcarver Bearcarver - here is one of his famous prime rib cooks and you can see the 2 muscles in the cow in the prime rib, and you can see the 2 muscles in SmokinAl SmokinAl 's cook if you look closely.

1675991507430.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinAl
great job on that roto Al! I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen that cut around here before. I will have to look now!

Awesome and tasty looking meals Al… and I am confident saying that Judy makes some tasty bread! Very nice job!

Not only a fine cook Al, the tie job on that roast looks to be professonal quality, nice work! RAY
Thanks Ray, tying it up really made it easier to cook.
Al
Comes off the loin . Ribeye roast is the section of the loin it's cut from I believe .
We're used to hearing the names with beef , but it goes for all animals . It's a great cut of pork , and you nailed it . If you buy whole boneless pork loins you'll get that section .
Thanks buddy, it looked like a loin, but was way more tender than any loin I have ever had.
Al
Al, both of those dinners look fantastic sir!! Gotta admit though, that roast is nothing short of spectacular. I don't know that I've ever seen a more perfectly cooked pork roast than that. Absolute porcine perfection!!

Robert
Thanks Robert, it certainly tasted good & we will be buying a few more.
Appreciate the kind words!
Al
Looks delicious Al! And I like that you know the correct ratio of gravy needed!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, we do like our gravy!
Al
Looks great Al. I see a few unique pork cuts on WF. Our boys always preferred box potatoes too.
Thanks Bud, I’m glad to hear I’m not the only guy who likes box potato’s.
Al
Looks incredible Al - I think open fire rotisserie cooking is the best and your roast looks like it proves it!
Thanks Spook, I have been cooking on the roti more lately, and over an open fire really improves the taste!
Al
Looks great Al! Can't go wrong with pork loin on the rotisserie!
Thanks, and I think your right, there will be more of these on the roti.
Al
great job on that roto Al! I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen that cut around here before. I will have to look now!
Thanks, I never have seen it before either, but will be buying more of them!
Al
Awesome and tasty looking meals Al… and I am confident saying that Judy makes some tasty bread! Very nice job!
Thanks Justin, and yes Judy does make some killer bread!
Al
Very impressive. That’s 3 hours well spent. And tell Judy that sourdough looks incredible.
Thanks Sven, and I will tell Judy, but I think she already knows her bread rocks!
Al
The color on that roast is perfect. Another cut of meat I will need to spin. You people are ruining my waistline!
Thank you Sir. Sorry about your waistline!
Al
Beautiful work on that roast Al.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris!
Al
Great looking roast and meal Al.

Rob
Thanks Rob!!
Al

Those look so juicy and the Gravy!
Thanks Brian, we do like our gravy!
Al
Looks great Al!
Thanks Steve!
Al
Looks great, Al! Love WFF. Anything you can add to stay away from?
Thanks, I have been unhappy with their Babybacks, and STL’s. Also the outside skirt steak was really tiny, about 1/2 the size of the last order. Now I can say that their sushi grade salmon is excellent, best I have ever bought, I use it for lox. It has only happened a couple of times, hope maybe it was a glitch.
Al
Looks delicious Al :emoji_thumbsup:

That plate of food with the taters and gravy looks delicious.
Thanks fellas!
Al

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Sorry I’m late to the party! Incredible! 3 hours on a rotisserie sounds and looks amazing! Another toy I need to get into!!!!

Sorry I’m late to the party! Incredible! 3 hours on a rotisserie sounds and looks amazing! Another toy I need to get into!!!!

Ditto, some of the rotisserie meals posted show me I’m missing a tool in the belt

Thanks fellas, I’ll be using the rotisserie more now that I have the Meater+. Been looking thru the freezer for something to spin! :emoji_sunglasses:
al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky