Pork loin, tender & juicy, steps & q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
I had a couple of chunks of pork loin in the freezer from a few weeks ago. Pulled one out a couple of days ago.

I wanted to smoke a simple loin no filling, just a basic pork rub.

Here we go!

Here's the loin.

Rinsed & dried it, & scored the fat cap.

Coated it with my pork rub, use your favorite rub. No mustard or oil, just rub.

Wrapped in plastic wrap for a couple of hours in  the fridge.

As most of you know I smoke just about everything in pans with some kind of broth.

Here I had a couple cups of frozen chicken broth. Into the pan with the loin.

Into the smoker. I kept the smoker around 210-215. Wood today is hickory.

3 hours later the IT is 140. I pulled it out & rested it uncovered on the counter for 30 minutes.

That was enough to bring it up to 145, the safe temp for pork.

140 & ready to be pulled out.

On the counter for the rest.

Started slicing it up & it was incredibly juicy.

After slicing, back into the pan juices & ready to eat.

Perfect meal with some garlic bow ties & peas.

This was so simple & easy. The loin was juicy & tender. It just melted in your mouth.

Sometimes I think we get carried away with trying to make something special, or extraordinary, 

and forget how good something simple like this can be.

Thanks for looking!

Happy Easter to all my SMF friends!

Al

Looks Real Tasty, Al !!
drool.gif

I would have to make a couple of "Hot Pork Sammies" with Gravy with some of that.
drool.gif

Just like Hot Roast Beef with Gravy Sammies, but with that Beautiful Pork & Pork Gravy on the bread.

MMMMmmmmm............
drool.gif

Bear

Al that looks great I have a Loin in the oven now cooking,also reheating a Brisket I smoked Thursday.

Richie

Man that looks good !!  I haven't done one in a while, 

I wouldn't mind having a plate for lunch      
Looks-Great.gif

Gary

Al, I haven't done a loin in a couple of years. I just might have to get one. Yours looks great, really moist. I just might do one in a pan with some broth. Thanks for sharing, Joe Thumbs Up

Dang that looks good, Al

I've a pork loin in the freezer that is begging for treatment like this

Looks Real Tasty, Al !!
drool.gif

I would have to make a couple of "Hot Pork Sammies" with Gravy with some of that.
drool.gif

Just like Hot Roast Beef with Gravy Sammies, but with that Beautiful Pork & Pork Gravy on the bread.

MMMMmmmmm............
drool.gif

Bear

Al that looks great I have a Loin in the oven now cooking,also reheating a Brisket I smoked Thursday.

Richie

Man that looks good !!  I haven't done one in a while, 

I wouldn't mind having a plate for lunch      
Looks-Great.gif

Gary
Al, I haven't done a loin in a couple of years. I just might have to get one. Yours looks great, really moist. I just might do one in a pan with some broth. Thanks for sharing, Joe
icon14.gif

2thumbs.gif
 Looks like a great meal!
Thanks a lot fellas!

And thanks for the point Richie!!

Al

Last edited:
Great thread. I am particularly interested in using the stock in the pan. Going on my to do list. I even have a pork loin in the freezer.

Points for inspiration!

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky