Pork Loin Stuffed: Maple sausage, peaches, apple wrapped in bacon.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wrestler75

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
Central Wisconsin
I started with a 10 lb. pork loin. View attachment 374530

Then I took a sharp knife and cut a 1" slice in the middle of the side of the pork loin lengthwise. Then, I proceeded to cut it in half and unfold it like a book. I repeated the same procedure with each half. I cut them and folded them out like a book. I covered the meat with two strips of plastic wrap and flattened it with a meat tenderizer. I tried to make it so the loin surface was even and at least and 1/2 -1" thick.

View attachment 374531

Then it was filling time! I seasoned the inside of the loin with sweet heat BBQ rub. Then, I used 1 can of peach pie filling, 1 cup of fresh pineapple and 1 cup of cooked maple breakfast sausage as my filling. Next time I think I will use all fresh fruit or even dried berries and nuts. I think the sugar from pie fillings is rather bland. I left a 1" area around the sides to give some room for any of the filling to move out as they were rolled up.

View attachment 374533

I tightly rolled the loin back up into the it's original shape. Next, I sliced some granny smith apples and added the slices to the top. Then, I used homemade bacon to wrap the whole stuffed loin and used butchers twine get the log to hold it's shape and prevent it from falling apart.

View attachment 374534 View attachment 374535

View attachment 374536

I heated the smoker to 275 degrees for about 30 minutes. During this time I got my A-MAZE-N smoker tray started with apple wood. I then turn the smoker down to 225 degrees and placed the stuffed pork loin in the smoker. I also added a brew pub rubbed chicken below and a rum provolone stuffed meatloaf on top. I pulled the pork loin at 142 IT to rest for 10 minutes. (I did add a little glaze of honey about 10 minutes before I pulled it off the smoker)
View attachment 374537 View attachment 374539

Here is the cut view of the filling:
View attachment 374540
View attachment 374541
We flash froze the rest of the slices and vacuum sealed them for easy meals during the week. This loin was extremely tender. I was able to cut it with a fork. The bacon added another element of flavor. I really liked the taste of apple smoke generated over the 5 hour smoke. I was very happy with the results.

Here is the brewpub BBQ chicken and smoked provolone stuffed whiskey maple sugar meat loaf.... These were awesome....
View attachment 374542 View attachment 374544

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky