Pork Loin on the gravity feed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
Nothing spectacular but a new cook to me. Had a couple of friends over and took part of a Costco loin to smoke. I did not weigh or brine, just used bees knees hot honey as the binder and kosmos honey killer bee as the rub.
1.jpg

Mixed up an apricot glaze with butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and more of the honey.
2.jpg

Made Jeff's jcam222 jcam222 charro beans and everything onto the MB800 @225 with cherry and hickory in the hopper for about 3 hours.

3.jpg

While this was going on "Brooklyn" the neighbors cat that spends more time here than home is guarding the beer.
4.jpg

Pulled at 140 to rest and come to 145
5.jpg

Final plate ( took the end slice, otherwise all the pork was tender and juicy) with fresh local corn, bruchetta from home grown maters, salad and of course the famous beans.
6.jpg

Wow, what a great looking meal Cliff. That roast looks absolutely perfect and that "simple" plate is perfection. Very nice job buddy.

Robert

Reactions: clifish
Another great looking meal Cliff, nice colour on the loin

And Brooklyn looks like she can hold her own on the guarding side of the cooler.
Is a beer really worth have your eyes clawed out. Some would say yes, lol 🍻🍻

David

Nice job on that meal Cliff. Everything looks terrific.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW I like the cats name.

Nothing spectacular but a new cook to me. Had a couple of friends over and took part of a Costco loin to smoke. I did not weigh or brine, just used bees knees hot honey as the binder and kosmos honey killer bee as the rub.
View attachment 672914
Mixed up an apricot glaze with butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and more of the honey.
View attachment 672915
Made Jeff's jcam222 jcam222 charro beans and everything onto the MB800 @225 with cherry and hickory in the hopper for about 3 hours.

View attachment 672916
While this was going on "Brooklyn" the neighbors cat that spends more time here than home is guarding the beer.
View attachment 672918
Pulled at 140 to rest and come to 145
View attachment 672919
Final plate ( took the end slice, otherwise all the pork was tender and juicy) with fresh local corn, bruchetta from home grown maters, salad and of course the famous beans.
View attachment 672920
Real solid. How do you like the gravity feed?

Another great looking meal Cliff, nice colour on the loin

And Brooklyn looks like she can hold her own on the guarding side of the cooler.
Is a beer really worth have your eyes clawed out. Some would say yes, lol 🍻🍻

David
She is nice enough to move when we want a beverage. She just really likes the company when we are in the pool and hot tub.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks great Cliff! Man I'm overdue for some Mexican food and those beans.
Thanks Jeff, you started it!
Nice job on that meal Cliff. Everything looks terrific.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW I like the cats name.
yeah I know why you like the cats name!
Real solid. How do you like the gravity feed?
I actually like it a lot, holds temp great, wifi works well...it is a hog with the charcoal but it is what it is.

Everyone else thanks for the likes and comments, much appreciatred

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003 and jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky