• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork Loin and Sausage Smoke today...

roller

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 10, 2010
Smoked a Pork Loin and Sausage today. The Loin is for church tonight and the Sausage are for me..I took the loin to 160* then wrapped it and let it rest for a couple hours. I took it so high because You just do not know how others like it and most older folks like it well done. I used Apple Wood Chips mixed with Hickory Chips. I did not put a heavy smoke on it . I did not get a cut pic because it was cut later. It was nice and juicy . I took the sausage to 155* and it only took 2 hours. I ran the smoker at 225 to 235* and the loin took 41/2 hrs.  Thanks for looking.

fife

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 14, 2011
I have been doing the same sausage for my wife and my self and we love it she likes the spicy ones the best.
O yes I read if you spray the sausage with veg oil and put some rub on them they are even better.

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks good Roller!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
All looks real nice, Roller!

Thanks for the views!

Bear

roller

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 10, 2010
Thanks guys the Pork Loin was a big hit....

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Great Job!

Todd

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.