Pork Chop Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

newguyy

Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Hey,

I just bought a smoker and wanted to start small (and just bout two 0.6 lb pork chops) - how long should I cook them for? I know they'll be done fairly quickly, and since its such a small quantity of meat in the grand scheme of things, should I only use 1 cup of wood chips as well? Thanks guys - I've been looking over the site alot lately and there's alot of great info on here!

Always smoke by internal temperature of the meat, not time... I would take them to 165' measuring with a temp probe in the center of the thickness.

You also should never depend on the built in thermometer on the smoker as they are usually way off.

Also don't forget to stop in the Roll Call thread and introduce yourself to everyone...

Those chops almost sound too small to get a temp probe into them so I would just smoke them for about maybe 45 mins or an hour. Not much because how thick are they ? Well give it a shot and see how they do and don't forget to go to Roll Call and let us know alittle more about you and your stuff.

Thanks for the response, I figured about an hour should do it (or 165f whichever comes first) - They're about a 3/4" thick - Trying it out tomorrow hopefully!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky