1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork 3 Ways Pizza Fatty

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by CSR, Oct 13, 2018.

1. CSR

CSR Fire Starter

Planning a fatty for the morning with the following ingredients (sauce omitted for leakage purposes).

- 1.25 ground italian sausage
    - Sliced pepperoni
    - Bacon for wrapping
    - Mozzerella Cheese
    - Green and Yellow Peppers (pre-sauted)
    - Onion (pre-sauted)
    - Jalapeno Pepper (pre-sauted)
    - Italian seasoning and oregano

One question for anyone that reads. Can I pre-assemble tonight and refriderate to save the time tomorrow? I don't see any safety issues just wonder if it will hold together as well.

Chris

2. gmc2003

gmc2003 Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member

3. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Yep you sure can, as a matter of fact the longer it is refrigerated the better it will stay together on the smoker.
    Al

4. CSR

CSR Fire Starter

IMG_3680.jpg IMG_3683.jpg IMG_3681.jpg IMG_3685.jpg Never got around to making it the night before, and never got around to cutting it open with all of the smoking I did Sunday (spare ribs, chicken wings, fatty, and some country style ribs). Will post the cross section shot when I finally cut into it. Definately overstuffed it (live and learn) but the bacon held it together well.

crazymoon likes this.
  5. CSR

CSR Fire Starter

The after shot. Not as pretty when chilled but certainly makes the slicing easier!
    IMG_3720.jpg

6. crazymoon

crazymoon Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

CSR, Looks like a great smoke, I'll be over for a plate !

7. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great job there.