Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I do pizza's quite often........do it %100 the same as I do in the oven with no issues. That extra flavor from the smoke goes a long way.

make/buy your dough, and get it into whatever shape you want.

brush one side completely with oil

start up your smoker, and put the grate over the heat source.

put the dough, oil side down, on the grate. brush the top with oil. when the bottom is charred, flip and keep over the grate for about 3/4 of the time of the first side. Transfer to the smoking area, put on your sauce, cheese, toppings , and smoke at 200 for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted to a consistency of your liking

I grew up eating NY pizza so I hate undercooked dough, I like it crispy so I left it on a little longer.

I threw some left over pulled pork on it after the cheese melted and it was amazing.

I did pizza a while back & used the packaged bread dough for a crust. It made things easy for the dough. Just put it over the direct heat to slightly brown it on both sides then put the toppings on & smoke em.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Wow this is a hot topic I see. Well it's my wife's bowling night and I have to cook so I decided to give it a try. I bought one of those pizza crusts from the store it a Boboli or something. I topped it with pepperoni, Italian sausage, pepper rings, cheese, and some baby portabella's on top. I'll let ya know how it comes out. I also threw a couple of fattys on the bottom rack just to fill some space.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

It's pretty good but I need to tweek it a bit. I put the Mushrooms on the top but the smoke gave them a bitter taste. I think next time I'll put them on before the cheese.

kewl Dew

thankx for the info.......its great when someone will take one for the team, and fool around with diff. methods.........helps the rest of us boneheads...

well, at least, THIS bonehead....heheehe

Wd

wow........

such a powerful post........just finished reading the thread on the loss of Scott in kc

glad this thread brought his name to my knowledge........will be searching his posts............

may he rest in peace

Wd

Hey Deb ... I just got a pizza stone from Wally-world here in Canada with carrying rack and cutter for a mere $9.99 CDN.

When it comes to pizza ... well I'm kinda lazy! Long story short ... I want to try a frozen one that I usually add a few toppings to, that calls for temps between 400 & 425º F for about 25 min.
In your opinion, do you think that I should try for that in the CCSV or should I use a lower temp for a longer time?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I am going to eventually make a scratch built pizza ... honest!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Miss Tatonka3A2 just made a pulled pork, bbq homemade pizza tonight from some pulled pork I had smoked up; Good Stuff !!!

Sorry for not taking pic's, we were hungry and it is gone !!!

I did make a pizza tonight.. had just enough pulled pork leftover to make a meal. Did a simple (wanted quick) store bought crust, add my homemade pizza sauce, the pulled pork (w/ a little jeff's bbq sauce recipe mixed in), some diced green peppers and onions, and of course some cheese. This is the first time we made pizza with left over pulled pork and I can tell you, .... it won't be the last. Yum-Oh!! he he

WOW Squeezy $10 canadian? That's a deal I paid about $24 for mine at Wally World. I think the exchange rate is about the same right now isn't it?

I'd put that thing in the CCSV and crank her up to about 350 if that's all you got in there. Pizza sucks up smoke nice and easy. If your making fresh dough I start it lower around 250 let it rise up some then crank it up!

I never made a store bought pizza do you cook it frozen or thaw it out first?

Tanya - I tried some Pulled pork on the last pizza it was really good, but I didn't think to put Jeff's rub on it. DUH!

Yes Mom, the exchange rate is almost par, however most things here are priced like our dollar is only at $.67 ... prices are not adjusted for quite some time.

Most frozen pizza boxes suggest a 425º oven for about 25 min. from the frozen state ... do not thaw first! I think my CCSV is up to the challenge though!

I have found some fresh Poblanos, that I'm going to stuff and smoke first tonight, then crank her up for the pizza. One of these days, I'm gonna try fresh dough, thanks for the temps. Mom!
smile.gif

I will try to remember to take pix.

I second that.

Vlap, and I grill Pizzas all the time. With indirect heat (@450 degrees) it works wonders and I do try to reheat the grills in between pizzas (doesn't always happen as we start with the adult type beverages while the dough is rising). We have also found that precooking the dough prior to placing toppings works out the best. I was just commenting to Vlap the other day that the next time we do pizzas I was going to put a foil pack full of Hickory or Oak chips on the grill.

I look forward to trying that. So paul... you wanna build a brick oven i the back yard? best pizza there is! Someday when I get a house that will be a project.

Double dittos on that. No way could that be a store bought pizza.

To get back on topic, our local Papa Murphy's, take n bake pizza shop, for a couple summers you could often find a grill outside the store and giving away samples.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky