• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Philly Cheese steak and Paninni's (qview)

strecker25

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 31, 2010
Thanks has to go out to sqwib cooks.  Took these pretty much straight from the website.  Modified them a little though...I cant eat soft bacon so after the smoke i removed the bacon weave from the Turkey one and baked it in the oven until crispy, then re rolled it while the bacon was still plyable.  For the philly one I didnt use a weave at all, and substituted in top sirloin sandwich cutlets.  Inside is sauteed steak and peppers.  Theyre wrapped in Pillsbury pizza crusts to eliminate the need for a bun.  Again, credit to sqwib cooks website, awesome ideas.

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
now that looks very good, great job

ajjf

Joined Sep 4, 2010
Magnificent!   Putting that on my to-do list!  It looks wonderful.

strecker25

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 31, 2010
thanks everyone, they are very very good.  I let them rest up in the fridge and reheated and they were just as good if not better, the smokey flavors spread throughout.

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
Fantastic Job. The philly really sounds great.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now you have a calzone fattie. It looks awesome and I bet it was really good too.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.