SmokeFire Double duty . Beef knuckle and strip steaks .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Need to get my Kettles uncovered and makes sure the grates aren't getting rusty !
If this happens and the grates get rusty then I'll personally stop by your house and give you a good old fashion wedgie and possibly a Melvin to boot. You won't know when it will happen, but trust me it will happen. When I was playing hockey in high school I gave our assistant coach a wedgie. Part of his initiation, and he was an ex-collage player.

Chris

:emoji_astonished::emoji_sunglasses::emoji_wink:

Just WOW! That is perfect beef anyway you look at it! Very nice work!
Thanks bud . Was nice to go low and slow for hours , then crank it up to sear some steaks . I've had it up to 500 for some pizza , but that was the first time I had it wide open .
Wow, masterpieces all the way around !
Thanks . Appreciate the comment .

All looks great Rich. I’ll have to give knuckle from GFS another go. Couple years ago I cured one and it had so much gristle through it I didn’t do another. Think maybe I just got a bad one. Price on its always good.

Reactions: chopsaw
All looks great Rich.
Thanks Jeff . I appreciate that .
I’ll have to give knuckle from GFS another go. Couple years ago I cured one and it had so much gristle through it I didn’t do another.
I remember that , and I think we talked about it ?
Did you do it whole or did you break it down ?
Breaks into 2 or 3 different roasts , or can be cut into steaks .

I'm late to the party, Rich. Been extra busy this week. Great everything! All looks cooked perfectly. And I'm drooling over those Strips. Great work.

I'm late to the party, Rich. Been extra busy this week. Great everything! All looks cooked perfectly. And I'm drooling over those Strips. Great work.
Thanks Mike . I had to try the SmokeFire for the steaks . That thing was hot , and with the fan blowing it didn't take long to cook those .
Next ones go on the kettle over mesquite chunks .
Thanks for lookin bud .

Thanks Jeff . I appreciate that .

I remember that , and I think we talked about it ?
Did you do it whole or did you break it down ?
Breaks into 2 or 3 different roasts , or can be cut into steaks .
I did it whole Rich. I’ll have to break it down next time.

Phenomenal thread Rich, you knocked that outta the park! Everything looks sooo tasty! Nice job!

BTW, nice looking pup! Hope she is ok!

Yeehaaa!!
Sammy meat looks Great !!
Steaks look Perfect!
Nice looking Dog!!
My Buddy said his dog was so smart, he taught him to play Chess.
Not so smart---I beat him 2 out of 3 !! :emoji_wink:
Like.

Bear

Last edited:
Phenomenal thread Rich, you knocked that outta the park! Everything looks sooo tasty! Nice job!
Thanks . It really was a great cook .
BTW, nice looking pup! Hope she is ok!
She is a rescue , owner surrender . So I don't know if that means someone passed away , or they couldn't care for her . She's to good right out of the box for someone just to get rid of her . The day we got her from the APA , when we got to the truck I opened the door , and she sat down and looked at me . So I said get in . She jumped in and sat there all the way home , didn't make a sound . 40 minute ride . House broke , and always looks at me to see what I want . Can't ask for any better if you don't mind being bumped in the back of the legs 24 / 7 .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky