PERFECT RIBS EVERY TIME! This really works!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Florida is s timtatipn Al, but the wife can’t stand the humidity or the heat of the south. What’s crazy is that it gets hot and humid here in the summer plus we get the cold winters that neither of us like. I think one thing that keeps us put is our age and concern of living where we have no family. My wife has had 3 bouts with cancer and it looks like she may be going for the fourth bout, we will know today. Sorry I didn’t mean to get you involved in my personal problems Al, this should be about good eats and positive talk.

Randy,

Sorry to hear that Randy, I hope your wife comes out OK.
As we get older, health is the biggest hurdle to overcome!
Al

Thanks Al...this is the amazing post I was so desperately searching for!! :D

Thank you Charlotte, I hope your ribs turn out well for you!
Al

And here I thought falling off the bone was a bonus... are you trying to eat a rib without using a napkin, wash your hands. wait what?

I'm guessing your trying to be humorous, and I get it, but just like a steak some people like them rare & some like them well done. For me ribs that are falling off the bone taste just like pulled pork, so why spend all that money for ribs when you can have a good PP sandwich. But the bottom line is, if you & your family like FOTB ribs, then I wouldn't change a thing. All this thread is trying to convey is that if you cook your ribs to temp instead of time, then you will get more consistent results time after time. For FOTB ribs you would want an IT of 200-205. I'm not trying to convert anyone into having their ribs at 195 IT, that is just where we like them. So give the temp method a try & see if it helps you get more consistent results, if not what have you got to loose by giving it a try?
Al

Reactions: Will Smoke
Yes indeed a lil fall off the bone humor, honestly i like your insight to this. I don't really care for pull pork ribs at all but if it taste good its going down.

I totally agree with you, the food you cook is for YOUR family & friends. So if everyone likes the way it tastes, then I sure wouldn't change a thing!!
Al

They turned out great Al :D

I will continue to use this method especially because I had a bit pit temp trouble... so measuring by time alone would have potentially killed my ribs. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

Charlotte

They turned out great Al :D

I will continue to use this method especially because I had a bit pit temp trouble... so measuring by time alone would have potentially killed my ribs. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

Charlotte

That is great news Charlotte!
I'm so happy to heart your ribs turned out so well.
I'm sure you will have many, many successful smokes ahead of you!
I'm honored that my method helped you!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Al

Reactions: CharlotteLovesFood
Hey Al, keen to try this recipe however I do not have a gas grill for sizzling the membrane off. Plan to just remove before smoking - assume this won’t totally derail the recipe but figured I’d check in first.

Hey Al, keen to try this recipe however I do not have a gas grill for sizzling the membrane off. Plan to just remove before smoking - assume this won’t totally derail the recipe but figured I’d check in first.

Just leave the membrane on, and when the ribs are done, it will come off real easily before you cut them up.
Al

Reactions: mcokevin
Thanks Al. Will have TBS within the hour and then they go on. We’ll see how the weather holds here in Orlando, may soon have experience running the smoker in tropical depression conditions.

Yea it's raining here on & off too, but I managed to grill a couple of brats for lunch.
It doesn't look to me like we are going to get hit too hard. Just a little wind & some showers.
But my grass is growing like crazy!!
Al

Al, I'm trying ribs for the first time on my new Pit Boss. I'm not a huge fan of ribs myself (sacrilege I around here I know) but mama is. I put a pork shoulder in this morning for us also. Anyways question is how much does the cook time change in very warm outside temps, they are calling for 100 degrees and humid today, and to think my last smoke was about six weeks ago when we were in a blizzard! Gotta love Minnesota! Thank you in advance.

Al, I'm trying ribs for the first time on my new Pit Boss. I'm not a huge fan of ribs myself (sacrilege I around here I know) but mama is. I put a pork shoulder in this morning for us also. Anyways question is how much does the cook time change in very warm outside temps, they are calling for 100 degrees and humid today, and to think my last smoke was about six weeks ago when we were in a blizzard! Gotta love Minnesota! Thank you in advance.

As long as the pit temp is the same it doesn't matter if it's 20 or 90 outside. If it's 225 in the smoker the outside temps will only affect the amount of fuel you use. So if it's hot outside you will use less fuel to maintain 225 degrees, but the cook time won't change.
Al

That's what I was thinking, but I'm always looking for advice. I figured I'd add a picture of the roast as I have no other q's to add.

Attachments

• IMAG1162.jpg
    IMAG1162.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 9
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky