Perfect hard-boiled eggs - every time.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Centered might be the wrong word but looking to get the side portion a little more thicker.

I had some eggs still in the cartoon from last week . Figured I'd try the flipping over for the night thing .
Did 8 eggs . Had one crack in it . 6 peeled nice . One didn't .
Anyway , this is what I ended up with .
20230805_140524.jpg
Towards the one end . Not sure I would mess with it unless I was making a bunch of Deviled eggs to take somewhere .
20230805_140629.jpg

Carton rubber banded and parked on side (90deg) 24hrs+. 555 Instapot. Happy with all but one (bottom) and I think it's because I didn't let it settle in place before slicing. Brown mustard seed, WP, nutmeg, melted butter, white vinegar, and mayo hit with a dusting of NM red chile.

20230813_074915_resized.jpg

20230813_082420_resized(1).jpg

Nice idea if it will work have tried many over the years as said to be the best I will see.

Warren
Best? IDK. Better might be the better word for it. Got the 90deg idea from Alton Brown. These were definitely an improvement. One handers for sure. So glad I didn't rush and make an impulse buy on an egg cooker!

270F for 16 minutes in a air fryer. Peeled with no problem. Nothing fancy or any extra steps to get a perfect hard boiled egg.
20230816_195744.jpg

I am sticking to my method that works perfect, every time, and I do not need any extra appliances cluttering up the place...

🤠

LOL
It might look weird but was perfect and tasted perfect. Not sure what your looking for as for a presentation but its a fricken egg. They are all different depending on size and temp.
Yup - its a fricken egg, and I can boil em perfect without no stinkin contraptions! :emoji_laughing:

All in good fun!

Steaming is the best method I have found, easy and perfect every time.
Hey I copied this from your link...

• Placing eggs into a pot full of steaming water cooks them evenly and gently, with less risk of cracking, than dropping them into simmering water.
  • Chilling the eggs immediately after steaming ensures that they come out perfectly shaped, with no air-space indentations on their fat ends.
  • Steaming the eggs and peeling under running water makes for easy, divot-free peeling almost every time.
:emoji_laughing:

Interestingly enough there is a video on your link page and the guy says exactly what I concluded about what makes eggs easy to peel!!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: choochooman442
Gourmet egg salad by RS

1-dozen perfect hard boiled eggs (it's a deep container) - yolks separated and crumbled / whites diced - with chopped celery, mayonnaise, kosher salt and ground black pepper.

Deeeelicious...
View attachment 672651

Carton rubber banded and parked on side (90deg) 24hrs+. 555 Instapot. Happy with all but one (bottom) and I think it's because I didn't let it settle in place before slicing. Brown mustard seed, WP, nutmeg, melted butter, white vinegar, and mayo hit with a dusting of NM red chile.

View attachment 673355

View attachment 673356
Dang yall! Now I'm craving egg salad and deviled eggs!

Jim

Holy Crap... it worked. Time will tell if this is the cure to my egg woes. I've tried a few different "hacks" for boiled eggs. Some failed the first time, others had inconsistent results.
I used the CI dutch oven hoping the thermal mass would help with temp recovery. I only did 4 eggs (slightly past the date on the box) and they weren't enough to hardly slow the boil.
I think someone mentioned tender whites ? I thought "what the heck, they're egg whites, when are they not tender ?"
Well I got egg on my face (pun intended). I had never had eggs like these. The whites were more tender and the yolks were... will not sure what to call them. Fluffy ? Flakey ? Creamy ? They were unlike any I've ever had before. Almost a whole new food. Of course peeling was all I could hope for.
I might have to revisit the Amish pickled eggs if these results prove repeatable.

You all are gonna cause a run on eggs! Lol But I sure could use some deviled eggs now!
I have one of the best contraptions for making hard boiled and deviled eggs... never had a bad one yet... it's called my wife! :emoji_blush:
But since we have 2 steamer pots like Chris, gmc2003 gmc2003 uses I might just try that sometime.

Ryan

You all are gonna cause a run on eggs! Lol But I sure could use some deviled eggs now!
I have one of the best contraptions for making hard boiled and deviled eggs... never had a bad one yet... it's called my wife! :emoji_blush:
But since we have 2 steamer pots like Chris, gmc2003 gmc2003 uses I might just try that sometime.

Ryan
Ha I'm the same way. The wife usually makes ours. Although we do steam sometimes. I think you mean C Coreymacc . I believe he's the one that mentioned he uses the veggie steamer. I was the anchovies guy.

Chris

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky