Pecan Pie ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just mixed this up and into the oven . I used walnuts because they were on sale , and store bought crust . Everything else is the same .

Please keep us posted. I'm most curious about the store bought pie crust. We have several pounds of those world famous Texas pecans in the pantry and I'm dying to put this together. We live in the heart of pecans and Frederisckburg peaches (noted to be some of the best in the world) so it's a shame for me not to be doing more desserts.

Waiting....waiting...
Robert

Please keep us posted. I'm most curious about the store bought pie crust. We have several pounds of those world famous Texas pecans in the pantry and I'm dying to put this together. We live in the heart of pecans and Frederisckburg peaches (noted to be some of the best in the world) so it's a shame for me not to be doing more desserts.

Waiting....waiting...
Robert

For years and years I used Pillsbury pie crusts. 2 reasons One they are not bad, not outstanding but edible. Second I didn't have the time or inclination to make my own. They are easy now, but they didn't start that way. I showed Mom the Pillsbury crusts and screwed up. Thats all she used after that.

What makes this recipe, Gotta Try! I enjoy the Sweet Custard Like filling better than the nuts. This has LOTS of filling!...JJ

What makes this recipe, Gotta Try! I enjoy the Sweet Custard Like filling better than the nuts. This has LOTS of filling!...JJ

Easy explanation, I like the custard too but also when I got my 9" deep dish pyrex pie pans my pies were really wimpy down in there. When you talked by the pie there was an echo from the void. Soooo..... I increased all my recipes by an additional 50%. Its not too much, looks right, and heck lets face it, who's gonna complain about more? LOL

Reactions: chef jimmyj
I'm most curious about the store bought pie crust.
I used a Pillsbury crust . Seemed fine to me , certainly not as good as homemade , but makes this even easier .
I hope you like it.
It's great . Not sure it's right ,,, but sure taste good . The one time I had Pecan pie , it was way to sweet . This is just right . The toasted nut taste is fantastic .
Thanks alot for posting .
20191005_091644 (1).jpg

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
I used a Pillsbury crust . Seemed fine to me , certainly not as good as homemade , but makes this even easier .

It's great . Not sure it's right ,,, but sure taste good . The one time I had Pecan pie , it was way to sweet . This is just right . The toasted nut taste is fantastic .
View attachment 407867

Gladens my heart to see that smile on your face! Course there's a little pie there too. LOL Doesn't it just amaze you how easy some stuff can be?

I got 59... though some of the questions needed better answers.

But hey... when was the last time any of us did one of these silly quizzes and went yeah that quiz was awesome and accurate and totally a real reflection of reality?

View attachment 407867

To make the sweeter version, change the brown sugar to refined white cane sugar and the lighter karo works well with it.

Dark Karo has molasses taste
Light Karo has vanilla Taste

You can actually skip the vanilla if you use the light Karo.

I like it as is . Ready to make another. This one didn't last long . I didn't care for the sweetness of the only time I had it .

I like it as is . Ready to make another. This one didn't last long . I didn't care for the sweetness of the only time I had it .

Just telling you all of your options, well some of them anyway.

Don't make too many, ya know halloween, thanksgiving & Christmas are just around the corner. Shame to burnout on them before the holidays. <Big Grin>

Ya know if you do walnuts and use maple extract it is pretty good too!

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky