Pecan Pie ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dang , gonna check ingredients immediately. That looks and sounds fantastic. Pecan pie is awesome.
Have you ever done a walnut ? Had a piece from small town about a month ago.( Excellent )Should have checked to see if they were willing to share recipe

Actually I have , I made one up and then googled it. It was good but it was really sweet. I used fresh maple syrup. Mine was a walnut maple pie. With no teeth, nuts are hard on me and walnuts are only surpassed by brazil nuts on the "Oh Hello" list!

Everyone loved it through.

Pecan pie was never one of my favorites, but Miss Linda would walk over my dead body wearing hob nail boots for one. I'll have to try my luck with making this one for her. Thanks Kev. Gotta admit, though, it surely does look good!!!!!
Gary

<Chuckles>

The second will mean you'll be incharge of pecan pie making from then on. Then you'll get creative, making 'em with bourbon, honey, different sugars, different nuts, different extracts, etc etc etc.... I second because the first one doesn't count, the first is always a training exercise. they sometimes re quire a spoon to eat....LOL But you can always spoon it over ice cream or just eat it. LOL

Don't try it making a crust and a pie from scratch the first time. If you know a good grocery store frozen crust use it so you won't be so daunting (When I have had to do multiples I sometimes let the Philsbury doughboy make my crusts). Pop always said don't bite off more than you can chew. Not as good as homemade, but one step at a time.

Try it and I hope you'll like it.

What about using a Graham cracker crust?

I use a vanilla wafer, graham cracker and cookie crusts for refrigerator pies. If it sits on the counter or the table I use a flour pie crust. I don't know why except that is just the way it was always done cause we all know a pie just ain't gonna last too long...LOL So if you have to cook off a pie I generally go with a pie crust.

I'm loving the ground nuts, missing Molars for grinding. The pie looks amazing. Funny you mention Bourbon. My middle Girl makes an awesome Pecan, Bourbon and BACON, Pie for Christmas each year. Has become a Special Holiday Treat...JJ

I'm loving the ground nuts, missing Molars for grinding. The pie looks amazing. Funny you mention Bourbon. My middle Girl makes an awesome Pecan, Bourbon and BACON, Pie for Christmas each year. Has become a Special Holiday Treat...JJ

Chef you know there are a gazillon variations on a pecan pie, its like smoking you just want to be sure you like which ever one you are eating at the time. I also make a steen's syrup with satsuma juice, never had a complaint, but no one can tell what the modifiers are till you tell them, like corn cob jelly!

Nice pie foamheart. Pecan is my fav......I can't make it at home because my daughter is highly allergic to tree nuts......

Nice pie foamheart. Pecan is my fav......I can't make it at home because my daughter is highly allergic to tree nuts......

Beautiful pie.I’m going to have to make one.
When I was a youngster, my mom wold make small pecan pies. Maybe 3-4”. She would make 20 or so at a time and accumulate them in the freezer until a church event or some such. I loved to eat them frozen and would help myself quite often. She would go to get them out and say “I thought I had 60 or so pies but I only have 35 I must be losing my mind

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
looks delicious, got to say though I don't remember ever having pecan pie, maybe i'll have to put it on the bucket list

WHAT??? Never had pecan pie? That's just sinful and non-American :emoji_laughing:

Mom used to make it and was by far my favorite. Ordered it a couple times in restaurants but it always fell short. Now I'm gonna give this a shot. I'm not a baker but this seems easy enough that even I can make it. Here is about the only thing I bake on a rare occasion:

Bourbon peach cobbler in a cast iron skillet cooked on the grill
015.jpg

021.jpg

026.jpg

Pecan pie recipe printed and ready to go into the book. We have friends coming over this Saturday and I have every intention of making this. Thanks Foamy for posting this!! I am truly inspired.

Robert

Ok....I'll give in on this one as I'm pretty much the same way....but in a good way...most of the time :emoji_wink:

Can't help but be a bit sinful,
Robert
yeah, I figure God has bigger problems in the world then some of the stupid crap I do, so i'll just work on getting that pecan pie so I can be an American again. by the way that cobbler looks fantastic, i've had that before if that counts for anything.

by the way that cobbler looks fantastic, i've had that before if that counts for anything.

Thank you, and yes it does count :emoji_wink:The cobbler is actually very easy to make and super good. If it wasn't easy, I'd have never tried it but am thrilled with how it comes out. I may go ahead and post it since I got a lot of great comments in the thread I did where it was featured.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky