Pan options for the 30”

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
i was reading what Jeff wrote about the Webber grill pan and was about to pull the trigger till I saw that it would be too big for the mes 30. Just wondering what you all are using if anything that is like this. I like the idea of carrying it out with everything ready and putting it on without having to mess around. Here is the link of what I’m talking about and looking for just in a smaller size http://www.smoking-meat.com/weber-grill-pan-stainless-steel

Get some Qmatz from Amazen Products. I bring the racks inside and put the Qmatz on them so most heavy particles stick to that and they conform to the sink for soaking/cleaning etc.
20170422_120340.jpg

Last edited:
I have two of these in the mail coming to me.
Each package contains two mats, so 4 total mats for my MES 30. (I measured my rack, and converted the 30 cm X 40 cm. Will work.)
I got a discount for reasons unknown to me of $.86, So my cost is $3.345 each.
$13.38, and shipped FREE.

Your mileage may vary being in Hawaii...
They are easy to cut. I ordered them the size of the racks for the Mes 40. I cut each Qmat so one portion was 1/3 and the other 2/3 and use the size or both I need. It's easier to soak/clean in the sink.

Reactions: SonnyE
They are easy to cut. I ordered them the size of the racks for the Mes 40. I cut each Qmat so one portion was 1/3 and the other 2/3 and use the size or both I need. It's easier to soak/clean in the sink.
I really like these!
They are a finer mesh than the others I've looked at, black, and I trimmed 1.25" off the long end. The width (Depth?) (30 CM was perfecto for the MES 30. And they clean like a dream!
The mesh is like 1/4" (if I was to guestimate).

As far as carrying my food to the smoker...
I bring in the racks needed, then set them in a cookie sheet pan and load.
Then just carry the pan with the rack out and put the rack in my smoker.
Nothin fancy, it just works good.

And since it's going to be hours, I clean the pan and dry for the next trip.

The MES 30 racks don't fit well in any pans I have, but hey, it works OK.

I have the Qmatz and they are great for small things.

Someone posted a while back about using the Cooper fry baskets, and one of the sizes is suppose to be just right for the MES30. I don't remember which one, and I have several saved to my Amazon list and don't remember which ones now, but there is a link to one of them

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky