Over due for some meat loaf .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Been awhile since I did a meatloaf . I used the recipe on the back of the Lipton beefy onion soup . Came out great . Nothin fancy , but good eatin .
Did this in the MES 30 with a chunk of mesquite over the element . Great smoke flavor .Cook temp 250 .
Just a couple pics ,
20191124_182718.jpg
My .75 cent carving knife from the second hand store . Re-did the handle . Works great .
20191124_183235.jpg
Take and bake bread from the store .
20191124_183239.jpg
Couple sides and brown gravy makes it hard to stop eating .
This went fast .
20191124_184124.jpg
I need to do more of this , just a great way to do meatloaf .

Looks fantastic. Lipton soup mix has been a go to of ours over the years for things like this. Easy and the flavor is grea!! Yours looks declious.

Reactions: chopsaw
that looks like a great meal
Thanks Jim .

Looks fantastic. Lipton soup mix has been a go to of ours over the years for things like this. Easy and the flavor is grea!! Yours looks declious.
Good looking meal. I'm also a fan of Lipton soup mix. Like!
First time I used it for this . Came out good , yup great flavor . Wife used to do a brown gravy meat loaf where she mixed gravy in with the meat .
Thanks for the comments .

That looks good. Been awile since I have smoked a meat loaf
Was for me too . Seems to slip thru the cracks , but really good cook . Way better than in the oven .
Thanks

Looks good and I'm sure it smelled the same.
We don't have meatloaf much after the critters left home.
Wife has a "thin blue line" on what she likes smoked and meatloaf isn't a favorite either way.

Reactions: chopsaw
Fine looking meat loaf!
I think I know what I'm making next.
Thanks Steve ,
It's a keeper...
Yes it is . Easy cook too .
Wife has a "thin blue line" on what she likes smoked and meatloaf isn't a favorite either way.
I never liked it either ,, 'til I had a good one . Take what she likes and apply it to a meatloaf .
Perfect meal,love some meatloaf.
Thanks Moto , it went fast .

Rich that looks great.
Thank you Richie .
That's a great looking meal Chop! I hope you have enough leftover for a sammich today.
Thanks Dan . Had that sandwich for breakfast the next day .
Great looking handle on your knife. Darn good looking meatloaf, too.
Thanks . Soaked the handle in some bees wax and mineral oil .
Great looking meatloaf!
ground brisket & ground pork belly.
Thanks Al . That mix sounds great !

Nice work chop! I’ve had meatloaf on my things to do list for a while so just need to beak down and do it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky