OLD GOAT, but newbie to smoking.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boogalie

Original poster
Jul 9, 2021
Mandeville, LA
Have heard great things about this site and look forward to meeting you folks, and riding the learning curve. Have just ordered my first electric smoker (Masterbuilt 40 inch) and will take delivery tomorrow afternoon ( I think?). Any comments or suggestions about assembly and first time seasoning before cooking would be appreciated.

Reactions: kruizer
Welcome to SMF, glad you joined us. I'm sure a MES 40 owner will be along shortly to assist you.

Reactions: boogalie
Welcome to SMF! I have a MES 30 electric so I may be of some help, but there are several others that are very well versed on your type of smoker...they should be coming along shortly, especially Bearcarver Bearcarver .
Another member that is very knowlegeable on MES smokers is tallbm tallbm

Last edited:
Reactions: tallbm
Welcome from Gilbert, AZ! Bearcarver Bearcarver is the man to PM about you smoker, friendly fella with a world of knowledge about those electrics. RAY

Have heard great things about this site and look forward to meeting you folks, and riding the learning curve. Have just ordered my first electric smoker (Masterbuilt 40 inch) and will take delivery tomorrow afternoon ( I think?). Any comments or suggestions about assembly and first time seasoning before cooking would be appreciated.

Congrats on your MES 40 purchase!!
Your first two questions are easy:
The assembly is pretty straight forward---Just follow the directions that come with it.
And as for seasoning---No need to do anything special, as just doing your normal meat smoking will season it before you know it.

You should be thinking about getting an "Amazing Smoker" smoke generator, and a set of wireless Therms to complete your Smoking Arsenal.

If you want any hints on what you can do & how to do it with an MES, just click on my "Step By Steps Index" at the bottom of any of my posts.

And Thanks to you other guys for your confidence in me!!!

Bear

Congrats on your MES 40 purchase!!
Your first two questions are easy:
The assembly is pretty straight forward---Just follow the directions that come with it.
And as for seasoning---No need to do anything special, as just doing your normal meat smoking will season it before you know it.

You should be thinking about getting an "Amazing Smoker" smoke generator, and a set of wireless Therms to complete your Smoking Arsenal.

If you want any hints on what you can do & how to do it with an MES, just click on my "Step By Steps Index" at the bottom of any of my posts.

And Thanks to you other guys for your confidence in me!!!

Bear
Thanks Bearcarver, will get on the step by step tomorrow, may take the opportunity to ask a few questions from time to time. Yes, you are very well regarded here, am sure you have earned it!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky