Ok, show those Christmas scores!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those Marcato pasta makers are top of the line
Thanks Rich. Nice to hear this. I know nothing about them (yet) but I could tell from pickling up the box that it's a well made machine. Tracy's sister bought that for me and indications are that she pulled out all the stops.
If you have any questions let me know .
Be careful what you offer sir :emoji_laughing: Based on commentary in the past from sawhorseray sawhorseray pasta making is not overly difficult. Hopefully I can figure it out with minimal setbacks. Indications also are that once you make your own, there's never going to be store bought any more. Might delve into it a bit later but got a bunch of pork butt I need to get started on for sausage. Very much appreciate the offer and I may well take you up on it if I hit any roadblocks.

Robert

Finally getting a few minutes to play along. A few of the highlights.

Hand carved mortar and pestle from a friend. The wood and workmanship in this is gorgeous.
View attachment 652420

SIL and a friend tag-teamed me on this. I think they want me to start yet another hobby. Everything needed to start making my own pasta.
View attachment 652421

A nice pair of Sorel slippers and a top shelf pair of Birkenstock sandals. The past few years I've had to start getting footwear for functionality as opposed to style because the neuropathy pain in my feet has gotten so bad.
View attachment 652422

My other SIL knows me pretty well :emoji_wink:
View attachment 652423

Christmas can be tough on an old fat dog. She was wiped out last night and has a serious puppy hangover going this morning.
View attachment 652424

Hoping everybody had a merry Christmas!!

Robert
Nice Robert but really the SIL and friend want an invite fpr a pasta dinner! Is that Tracy with a beer first thing in the morning?...lol

I’m a bit late, but I joined the SV club this Christmas!
D57E9A5D-C0A5-49D2-97F3-B46FBE7C4672.jpeg

Hand carved mortar and pestle from a friend. The wood and workmanship in this is gorgeous.
View attachment 652420

SIL and a friend tag-teamed me on this. I think they want me to start yet another hobby. Everything needed to start making my own pasta.
View attachment 652421

A nice pair of Sorel slippers and a top shelf pair of Birkenstock sandals. The past few years I've had to start getting footwear for functionality as opposed to style because the neuropathy pain in my feet has gotten so bad.
View attachment 652422

View attachment 652423

Christmas can be tough on an old fat dog. She was wiped out last night and has a serious puppy hangover going this morning.
View attachment 652424

Robert
My parents gave me that same Pasta Maker, and a drying rack. Test day is today!

I've got pretty much all the bbq gadgets I need. When we get our smashed deck rebuilt, I will be in the market for a replacement for my Weber Performer, however. But not right now.
Wife and I gave up on trying to surprise each other this year, and just told what we wanted. Here's mine. A 6 lb. tub of maple sugar. I use quite a bit for my curing and bbq. Will probably go thru this in 12-18 months.
20221226_105844.jpg

I got a huge new smoker/grill...
20221226_142737[1].jpg

Seriously, the best thing I got for Christmas was having my whole family here together as well as my next door neighbors. The neighbor is a retired, disabled Army Vietnam vet who has COPD and mobility issues. He, his wife, and their adult son moved here a couple of years ago from upstate New York so not any family nearby.

So blessed to have everyone here...

View attachment 652488

Seriously, the best thing I got for Christmas was having my whole family here together as well as my next door neighbors. The neighbor is a retired, disabled Army Vietnam vet who has COPD and mobility issues. He, his wife, and their adult son moved here a couple of years ago from upstate New York so not any family nearby.

God bless you Charles. To do this means so much for them I'm sure.

We kept it pretty simple this year. Setting up a new household in Florida so a lot of $$ went for the basics.

I got the wife and I matching new camp chairs. These are pretty slick with built in rockers. We use these in the apartment, too
View attachment 652407
Wife got me some new t-shirts including 1 that pretty much fits the forum.
View attachment 652408

Merry Christmas everyone.
Camp chairs with built in rockers?? What a great idea. I want a couple of those--never even heard of that.
Gary

View attachment 652420

View attachment 652421

View attachment 652422

View attachment 652423

View attachment 652424

Robert
Robert, I don't think I've ever seen a mortar and pestle quite that beautiful.
Gary

As it was said earlier... We don't gift anymore... If we want something we go get it...

Welp... I wanted/needed a garage update/remodel... So that's what I've been doing on my two weeks Staycation ...

Before the remodel...

View attachment 652427

There were cabinets all the way over to the water heater

View attachment 652428

View attachment 652434

So everything got moved outside so the whole garage (walls and floor) could be pressure washed and painted

View attachment 652430

And then the finished product looks like this ...

View attachment 652431

View attachment 652432

Now comes the task of sorting everything and putting back into the new cabinets... Along with throwing a bunch of junk (inventory) out... I hate throwing out inventory cuz as soon as you do you need it ...

Merry Christmas to all
Now that's quite the upgrade! Nice job.
Gary

View attachment 652488

Nice!! There's nothing like having family and friends in at Christmas time. I think this is only the 2nd time since we've been married that there were no "orphans" at our table--seems like all of them got to go home and spend the day with family.
Gary

View attachment 652488

Nice new "grill"! And bonus points for what you do for your neighbors!!

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Well, my fam spoiled me again this year… I didn’t think I was that good of a boy!

View attachment 652310View attachment 652311View attachment 652312View attachment 652313View attachment 652309
OK I'll try this again--seems like my first attempt didn't post.
That's a great BBQ light, Justin. I need one of those--my 3 magnetic lights aren't flexible, so at best they can be attached to the MES and not get lost.
That jerky seasoning is great. One of my nieces gave me some moose jerky she made using it and it was delicious. Pretty sure you'll like it.
Gary

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky