Ok Florida smokers...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Boring! I will need more beer just to deal with the lack of anything fun happening.
icon_evil.gif

Well, they closed MacDill AFB for Tuesday AND WEDNESDAY! If the track holds true, I won't even dump the patio furniture into the pool, much less board windows!! Where that's the good thing (for Tampa anyway), what sux is that's two days off WITHOUT PAY for me for virtually a day long thunderstorm!

They are still saying it will be a TS when it gets to me but I don't think so...alot of land between..but did stock up on the essential supplies..guess I'll just sit in the pool room and drink my essential supplies and watch it rain for two days.

I couldn't get it to load but if thats the wind surfer it left a mark alright he's in critical condition last I heard. I guess is stupidity got him good.
Doesn't look like we are gonna get much on the west coast hopefully those on the east coast only get some rain and not much else.

I almost feel guilty taking the day off of work, (LOL NOT REALLY!!) I don't even have to go back at all this week, because I brought my work home with me. I have to cross the Sunshine Skyway bridge everyday, and it spans 5½ miles and at its peak is about 190ft above the water. High winds will close it down, and while it doesn't look like we're going to get any of Fay, I don't want to get stuck in Bradenton (well I guess I could hang with Vlap
smile.gif
).

Has anyone seen that Fay is getting organized over land? It has a pronounced eye wall now, that's not usual.

Well it's beer' o'clock here now, my neighbors, who are also off today, are going to grill some burgers and dogs throw some horse shoes.

It does look better over land then it ever did over water... I am at work but might as well not be. Half of the employees here called in with something they had to do for the hurricane. The phones are absolutely dead!

I'm thinkin we may all need to go help Vlap drink all that beer he stock piled
biggrin.gif

This day is so pathetic I think I will get some lamb, guiness and onions on the way home.

Sounds good, maybe I should've gotten stranded on your side of the bridge.
icon_smile.gif
I just fired up my Weber Kettle for some burgers and dogs, between my neighbors and me, we've stockpiled quite a bit of food and beer for Fay. We have to do something with it right?
biggrin.gif

Still watching the storm though, we're getting some nice gusts of wind, and looks like we'll get a touch of it before the day is over. It does make the tempurature comfortable, and keeps the bugs at bay.

Im thinking of an Irish Lamb stew with herb'd dumplings. Serve over some parslied noodles.

Vlap: Irish Lamb stew with herb'd dumplings care to share?

I'm very glad I didn't go to Melbourne today, they're getting hit pretty good from the east side of the storm. Just saw some live video from there and it looks pretty nasty. Hope it doesn't get worse.

Simple. 2lbs lamb, 1 can guiness, stock, pearl onions, carrot, celery, potato.
toss meat in a lil flour, brown. Add stock and guiness. Simmer for a while then add veg. When everything is close drop spoonfuls of a dumpling mix in.

For the dumplings: I will find a bisquit recipe, add herbs.

I will add some various herbs to the stew as well.

Maybe toss some egg noodles with chopped parsley and butter.

Not bad on the west coast. Central and east are getting some strong weather. a 70+mph wind gust was recorded around lake okachobee

Thanks, what type and how much stock? Do you do it in a slow cooker or crock?

EDIT: okay the beers are already kickin' in, it looks like it's done in a large saute pan or a pot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky