Ok Florida smokers...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The tree on the right is a Magnolia, the wife said she would have rather that it went instead of the Elm. and I agree that it may have been sick by looking at the base. She sure looked fine when she was standing though. That's what puzzles me. Maybe someone else might know
Love to play with the chain saw, haven't fired her up in awhile anyway.

Dennis - sorry you had to come home to the sight of a tree down in your yard. Like others have said, at least it fell away from the house and didn't harm anything other than the lawn.

Looks like my little branch was followed by it's big brother!!

The wife was mad because it fell on her flowers, Guess mine didn't want yours to be alone..lol.

kajun..take care and stay safe..like the garage idea.

Well she's going north of me and a good thing power has been off and on a dozen times I'd hate to see if we had a bad storm here.

3.51" of rain since about midnight and its still raining and a few wind gusts to about 40 mph but nothing real bad yet. I live on a hill so no flooding gonna happen for me.
Hope those still getting hit don't get any worse than they have already.
For those still in the path get ready for lots of rain

Surviving OK in Cedar Key, so good steady rain, some wind. We had to cancel our FS Bash at Capt Ed's, so looks like my wife and I will have to handle all the Pork Butt and ABT's ourselves
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

I saw that Flash (I was gonna try to attend) hope it doesn't get any worse and sad to hear your gonna have to feast on that food while your stuck in the house
biggrin.gif

Glad to hear you're hanging in there Piney, this storm is just plain nuts. I know what you mean about the power going out, seems every year the Power Co talks about buring the power lines and upgrading the system, but never do. Around here, a bad sneeze will make the power go out.

We're getting a lot of wind, in fact the weather here is worse now than it was Tuesday when we were suppose to get the storm.

I had to go get some hamburg from the freezer so stopped by our rain gauge. Of course with the wind gust, it is probably not acurite, but right now we are at 4 & 1/10th inches, still raining.

Hardly a drop of rain here and just a nice steady breeze. It was supposed to hit us but instead we are the only ones in florida not effected by it.

It rained almost steady for three days here,18 inches. I sure feel sorry for those that are north of here and some of them are within 20 miles.

Crock - you did get hit pretty hard, probably the hardest in the state (so far). How are you faring? Hope all your family and loved ones that might be in the area are safe and have minimal damage.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky