1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Oct Throwdown VOTING

Discussion in 'SMF Throwdowns' started by bmudd14474, Nov 5, 2018.

Whos your winner?

Poll closed Monday at 10:14 AM.
  1. 1)Smoked Apple Stuffed Crisp with Caramel and sugar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2)Apple smoked pork tenderloin dressed with apple chutney and smoked Classic American Apple Pie.

7 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. 3)Apple wood smoked pork loin with a layer of spiced apples wrapped in hot water pastry using tradi

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. 4)Country style ribs smoked in a blend of hickory and apple woods, finished in a crockpot with sauer

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. 5)Craved Stuffed Smoked AppleHead: Cold smoked, carved freshly picked apple filled with a sausage/sm

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. 6)Fireball chops: Peeled and cored Gala Apples were soaked in Fireball Whisky and then grilled till

17 vote(s)
    21.0%
  7. 7)Apple, Bacon, and Wild Rice stuffed Pork Loin with a side of asparagus

21 vote(s)
    25.9%
  8. 8)Pecan-Smoked, Brown sugar-honey mustard- Cayenne pepper glazed, Bacon wrapped Granny Smith Apple.

17 vote(s)
    21.0%
  9. 9)Apple wood smoked pork loin roulade. Bread stuffing with onion, celery, local organic apples & sag

12 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Without further delay here are your entries. Goodluck to them all.

1)Smoked Apple Stuffed Crisp with Caramel and sugar
    TD1.jpeg

2)Apple smoked pork tenderloin dressed with apple chutney and smoked Classic American Apple Pie.
    TD2.jpg

3)Apple wood smoked pork loin with a layer of spiced apples wrapped in hot water pastry using traditional lard . Then a layer of duexelles using cream and wine, with a second layer of hot water pastry. It has been plated with mashed and creamed rutabaghas with apples followed with a rustic smoked apple dumpling with honey and butter on the inside.
    TD3.jpg
    4)Country style ribs smoked in a blend of hickory and apple woods, finished in a crockpot with sauerkraut and sliced apples in a bath of apple juice with brown sugar, garnished with a sweet melt in your mouth side of smoked apple slices brushed with butter and dusted with brown sugar and cinnamon
    TD4.jpeg

5)Craved Stuffed Smoked AppleHead: Cold smoked, carved freshly picked apple filled with a sausage/smoked apple stuffing. Served with pork tenderloin medallions glazed with an apple cider reduction.
    TD5.JPG

6)Fireball chops: Peeled and cored Gala Apples were soaked in Fireball Whisky and then grilled till caramelized. Brined pork chops were butterflied and stuffed with the diced Fireball apples and gouda cheese and dusted with a sweet and smoky rub. Smoked over apple wood to 150, rested, and sliced.
    TD6.JPG

7)Apple, Bacon, and Wild Rice stuffed Pork Loin with a side of asparagus
    TD7.jpg

8)Pecan-Smoked, Brown sugar-honey mustard- Cayenne pepper glazed, Bacon wrapped Granny Smith Apple. Stuffed with Country Ham, Manchego cheese, Apple, Jalapeno, and Black pepper.
    TD8.jpg

9)Apple wood smoked pork loin roulade. Bread stuffing with onion, celery, local organic apples & sage from the garden, moistened with butter and local apple cider. A reduced apple cider, apple brandy, maple syrup and mustard glaze. Sides; mashed potatoes with pork stock gravy and roasted broccoli with browned butter, lemon and a sprinkling of smoked sea salt.
    TD9.jpg

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    wbf610 and Misplaced Nebraskan like this.
  2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Also note that #2 doesn't have the word harvest in it but I am going to allow it this time for a few reasons. 1 we are just starting these back up and 2 i failed to notice it when I received it. When this happens I normally tell the person so they can try to retake it with the word if they choose. So since I failed to notice it they didn't have a chance to fix it.

Good Luck all.

daveomak and flatbroke like this.
  3. I'm suddenly craving apples again! Excellent work everyone! And a really good turnout/showing! There are some great looking recipes. I can't wait for the follow up threads on these!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

desertlites likes this.
  4. Wow, that is a bunch of good looking plates of food. Tough, tough choice!

5. ab canuck

ab canuck Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Very Tough choice, There are some doozies there...

6. Bearcarver

Bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

All Look Great !!
    Way to go Gang!!
    Not an easy Vote!

Bear

Misplaced Nebraskan likes this.
  7. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Three of them talked to me, but one whispered in my ear... "Eat Me!"

8. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice job all of you...JJ

9. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Nice looking plates good luck to all.

Warren

10. sdkid

sdkid Fire Starter

My recipe list will get longer now. Great ideas!!

11. browneyesvictim

browneyesvictim Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great plates folks! Hard choice. I appreciate the creativity and effort in all of them, but much comes down to personal preference for my vote. I would like to taste all of them though if I could.

Misplaced Nebraskan and sdkid like this.
  12. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

We need the SMF delivery drone net work for delivering samples now.. LOL

13. [​IMG]

Not sure how we make this a thing, but I'n in! [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. WaterRat

WaterRat Meat Mopper

Fine looking plates everyone! Not one I wouldn't like to try :)

15. Tom I vote you head up getting that started.

16. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

Naw man, this one is on you and Flatbroke!

17. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Wow. No kidding, hard choice. There's not a single plate of food in the lot that I wouldn't eat with great pleasure. Great job everybody.
    Gary