Oct Throwdown VOTING

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Whos your winner?

• 1)Smoked Apple Stuffed Crisp with Caramel and sugar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2)Apple smoked pork tenderloin dressed with apple chutney and smoked Classic American Apple Pie.

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • 3)Apple wood smoked pork loin with a layer of spiced apples wrapped in hot water pastry using tradi

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • 4)Country style ribs smoked in a blend of hickory and apple woods, finished in a crockpot with sauer

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 5)Craved Stuffed Smoked AppleHead: Cold smoked, carved freshly picked apple filled with a sausage/sm

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • 6)Fireball chops: Peeled and cored Gala Apples were soaked in Fireball Whisky and then grilled till

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • 7)Apple, Bacon, and Wild Rice stuffed Pork Loin with a side of asparagus

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • 8)Pecan-Smoked, Brown sugar-honey mustard- Cayenne pepper glazed, Bacon wrapped Granny Smith Apple.

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • 9)Apple wood smoked pork loin roulade. Bread stuffing with onion, celery, local organic apples & sag

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
Without further delay here are your entries. Goodluck to them all.

1)Smoked Apple Stuffed Crisp with Caramel and sugar
TD1.jpeg

2)Apple smoked pork tenderloin dressed with apple chutney and smoked Classic American Apple Pie.
TD2.jpg

3)Apple wood smoked pork loin with a layer of spiced apples wrapped in hot water pastry using traditional lard . Then a layer of duexelles using cream and wine, with a second layer of hot water pastry. It has been plated with mashed and creamed rutabaghas with apples followed with a rustic smoked apple dumpling with honey and butter on the inside.
TD3.jpg

4)Country style ribs smoked in a blend of hickory and apple woods, finished in a crockpot with sauerkraut and sliced apples in a bath of apple juice with brown sugar, garnished with a sweet melt in your mouth side of smoked apple slices brushed with butter and dusted with brown sugar and cinnamon
TD4.jpeg

5)Craved Stuffed Smoked AppleHead: Cold smoked, carved freshly picked apple filled with a sausage/smoked apple stuffing. Served with pork tenderloin medallions glazed with an apple cider reduction.
TD5.JPG

6)Fireball chops: Peeled and cored Gala Apples were soaked in Fireball Whisky and then grilled till caramelized. Brined pork chops were butterflied and stuffed with the diced Fireball apples and gouda cheese and dusted with a sweet and smoky rub. Smoked over apple wood to 150, rested, and sliced.
TD6.JPG

7)Apple, Bacon, and Wild Rice stuffed Pork Loin with a side of asparagus
TD7.jpg

8)Pecan-Smoked, Brown sugar-honey mustard- Cayenne pepper glazed, Bacon wrapped Granny Smith Apple. Stuffed with Country Ham, Manchego cheese, Apple, Jalapeno, and Black pepper.
TD8.jpg

9)Apple wood smoked pork loin roulade. Bread stuffing with onion, celery, local organic apples & sage from the garden, moistened with butter and local apple cider. A reduced apple cider, apple brandy, maple syrup and mustard glaze. Sides; mashed potatoes with pork stock gravy and roasted broccoli with browned butter, lemon and a sprinkling of smoked sea salt.
TD9.jpg

Last edited:
Also note that #2 doesn't have the word harvest in it but I am going to allow it this time for a few reasons. 1 we are just starting these back up and 2 i failed to notice it when I received it. When this happens I normally tell the person so they can try to retake it with the word if they choose. So since I failed to notice it they didn't have a chance to fix it.

Good Luck all.

I'm suddenly craving apples again! Excellent work everyone! And a really good turnout/showing! There are some great looking recipes. I can't wait for the follow up threads on these!

smoker-transformer.gif
cheers.gif

Reactions: desertlites
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky