NY Strip roasts onsale

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Holly2015

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 10, 2018
Local chain grocery store Giant Foods has NY strip roasts on sale for $4.77 per pound with a coupon and minimum $25 dollar purchase limit one (1).

Of if you don't have coupon (they are at the entrance of every store in the week sales flyer), don't spend $25 or want more than one (1) they are $5.77 a pound. Still incredibly inexpensive.

Sale runs 12/14/ thru 12/20. Bet you can't guess what Saturday evening supper is going to be? Nor what Sunday morning breakfast will be?

Ran outta ny’s a while back. Meat market has them on special a lot out here.

09B4FB81-1B6A-4B9A-945C-7ED2CB88F6A9.png

Inch to 1 1/4 cut, then seasoned, & vacusealed. Nothing like pulling them out in 2 packs for the sv the day you want to eat them!

Weiss markets are putting standing ribs on for 4.99 next week, cab standing ribs 6.99

I haven't gotten that one yet.
Right now the best Prime Rib buy I got is $8.99 (price runs thru 12-20).
I'm waiting to see what I can get after 12-20.

However my Giant has the same thing Holly has, except with a coupon NY Strip Roast is $3.77. (Limit 1) I'm on that !!

Bear

Thanks for the heads up about the Weis special. Although my store has a poor meat selection, i’ll keep my eye out.

I haven't gotten that one yet.
Right now the best Prime Rib buy I got is $8.99 (price runs thru 12-20).
I'm waiting to see what I can get after 12-20.

However my Giant has the same thing Holly has, except with a coupon NY Strip Roast is $3.77. (Limit 1) I'm on that !!

Bear

We have the $4.99 price with 100 points
D34708B4-DEC2-426D-BF25-6C4C09B4923D.jpeg

Reactions: Bearcarver
I remember years ago when Angus was just coming around an inspector sort of gave us a run down, to be a certified Angus 1 of the parents had to certified or both grandparents to keep enough of the genes . Not sure if this holds true today.what I understood then this is a breed from scotland, and to be considered just Angus they just needed to have a certified cow or bull on the premises. Again this was years ago so maybe my memory is shot.

I remember years ago when Angus was just coming around an inspector sort of gave us a run down, to be a certified Angus 1 of the parents had to certified or both grandparents to keep enough of the genes . Not sure if this holds true today.what I understood then this is a breed from scotland, and to be considered just Angus they just needed to have a certified cow or bull on the premises. Again this was years ago so maybe my memory is shot.

My Parents & Grandparents are all gone now, and they were All Pennsylvania Dutch, but I still wear "Jeans" most of the time.
Can I still be a CAB (Certified Angus Bear)?

Bear

My Parents & Grandparents are all gone now, and they were All Pennsylvania Dutch, but I still wear "Jeans" most of the time.
Can I still be a CAB (Certified Angus Bear)?

Bear
Yes you are, your kids can be (cac) certified Angus cubs

Wish I would have seen this thread yesterday. Ran in to Giant this morning to do a little grocery shopping and found the NY Strip roasts in the discount case for $5.77/ pound. Got one that was a little over 3.5 pounds. Plan on making that next weekend along with a pork butt.

OK Guys, I did pretty good so far:
Friday we got one NY Strip Roast about 5 pounds, at Giant @ $3.77 lb, with coupon.
Then yesterday we got a 19.6 Pound Prime Rib @ $4.99, at Weis, and cut it into 4 pieces (one with 2 bones, and three with 3 bones). We were only allowed one, so we got the biggest one they had & cut it into my Specs X 4.

So we're set for the Year, but Mrs Bear might get another NY Strip Roast @ $3.77 yet, before the sale is over.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky