Not looking good for us in Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Likely Al is without power right now...
2022-09-29_07-57-27.png

This thing isn't over.
After pummeling my brother in law, it's now headed for us here in South Carolina.

Last edited:
Prayers sent for every one of you effected by this disastrous storm.

Also, prayers go out to my fellow delta rats, watermen and waterfowl hunters that risk their lives rescuing complete strangers stranded in the flood zones and hard to reach areas of the coast. There is nobody more well-equipped and use to navigating treacherous, debris filled swollen waterways than my brothers in their little green backwater surface drive mud and air boats.

God Bless The Cajun NAVY, nothing can stop us, do us proud, brothers.

1664499661566.png

^^^^Yep. I know people that volunteer for that organization. And both my brother an I were out rescuing during the flood of 2016. Last I heard, The first wave of search and rescue professionals left early and a large contengent of support personel and volunteers were on their way to Florida with a caravan of boats, pots and supplies.....

Cajun Navy groups jump into action after Hurricane Ian slams Florida

Prayers sent for every one of you effected by this disastrous storm.

Also, prayers go out to my fellow delta rats, watermen and waterfowl hunters that risk their lives rescuing complete strangers stranded in the flood zones and hard to reach areas of the coast. There is nobody more well-equipped and use to navigating treacherous, debris filled swollen waterways than my brothers in their little green backwater surface drive mud and air boats.

God Bless The Cajun NAVY, nothing can stop us, do us proud, brothers.

View attachment 644744

The Louisiana National Guard is also on the way with a massive caravan of supplies....
Yes indeed!
I would personally like to thank and tip my hat to the linemen who are lined up to get the power grid back up and running. These folks are going to be working around the clock to fix a very complicated mess. And, somehow, do it quickly and safely.

^^^^Yep. I know people that volunteer for that organization. And both my brother an I were out rescuing during the flood of 2016. Last I heard, The first wave of search and rescue professionals left early and a large contengent of support personel and volunteers were on their way to Florida with a caravan of boats, pots and supplies.....

Cajun Navy groups jump into action after Hurricane Ian slams Florida

If I were closer, I'd be right there with them. I was born and raised running the CA Delta. And have many years of running mud boats in raging flood water, chasing ducks and geese. I own a 1850 custom made Prodrive boat that was made by Warren Coco, back when he was making boats for Pek and KP of ProDrive. It has a 36 Brigg's that has all the stage 4 mod's you can do to these engines along with custom prop's for every occasion. I've been running mud boats on the delta chasing waterfowl for many, many years now. I wish I was closer, my boat can get into places that many other mud boats couldn't even think about getting into.
Furthermore, I've donated many times to the Cajun NAVY, what a great cause!!!

Reactions: indaswamp
Checking in. No elec, phone, or internet. Next door oak tree down in my yard, about 60-70 banana trees down in my yard. Didn’t know what was going on, and the wind died down. Couldn’t sleep, so went for a walk to see how everyone else made out. Never realized until now that I was out for a walk in the eye. So I guess I can add to my list “I walked in the eye of a hurricane”. Don’t know when I’ll get a chance to get back on, but Judy & I are fine. The house & Gazebo came thru without any damage. I took some before & after photo’s, but they are not showing up on my iPad. I have a couple of before’s, but the after’s are brutal. I’ll try to post them when I can.
Before:
F06AD19A-7B0A-4FAD-9550-F4F9625C8577.jpeg

82BB4520-F5C0-44EB-9038-5932098E51B1.jpeg

I’m going to have to get a dumpster for all the debris I have.
Thanks everyone for thinking of us, we sure appreciate it.
Al & Judy

Good deal Al,.. as far as debris goes... Usually it can be placed/piled on the side of the road after storms without being bagged or tied...

Great to hear from you Al and glad you had no damage to your home! Or to you during your "walk" !

Keith

This thing isn't over.
After pummeling my brother in law, it's now headed for us here in South Carolina.
Yep, plenty of wind and rain here now, but not nearly what Florida got hit with. Currently winds are steady at about 35-40 MPH with gusts to 50+...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky