Not looking good for us in Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
It sure looks like were gonna take a hit from this storm.
Haven’t got my home repaired from the hail storm we had in April.
They are supposed to start on Monday, but with a potential major hurricane possibly affecting us on Wed.
I don’t want to have part of the work done, & have a storm hit us.
So far we have a new roof on the house, minus the gutters, but the siding, aluminum roof over the carport, patio, & lanai are what they need to replace next. Nothing is leaking now, ( I just wish I had a gutter on the side of the house), so if this thing is headed our way I don’t want to have them start this until the storm has passed. However, the path may change between now & Monday. Boy I sure hope it just turns east & heads out over the Atlantic. All of us in the Southeast need be hoping the same thing!
Al

You know how weather forcasters like to predict the worst. 'Keeping my fingers crossed this is the case....

I feel for you Al. I too, am keeping a close eye on it. I live in West Palm Beach area and those storms can change direction quickly.

Rob

hoping for the best for whoever might be affected by the storm! sure would be nice if it would turn away and then go away.

Stay safe!!

It is just an excuse for us to have a hurricane party. A test for our triple pane windows. Tie down the recteq

IDK SmokinAl SmokinAl . Current tracking shows it slamming right into you guys. Even if the hurricane veers west or east, you guys will still be affected.
Prepare and be safe.

Yep, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Stay safe down there

Yea I stopped watching the Weather channel for today. I am super prepared, but the prep & cleanup are a bummer. Not going to do too much here until Monday. Don’t need any supplies, but need to secure everything.
Al

Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things, but you never know.

I was a little boy when Carla slammed into the Gulf coast and we rode it out at my Grandfathers house. I was 14 when Celia hit Corpus Christi and it was wild. My Father was a contractor so we were able to drive through downtown and uptown the day after. We didn't have electricity for a month, but had a generator from the business in the driveway. Throughout the neighborhood was a huge block party.... everyone grilled the seafood first, then pork, beef and chicken.

Sounds like you're doing the best that can be done, Al.
It's not your first Rodeo...

Joys of living on the coast. Best of luck to everybody. Hurricanes suck!!

Stay safe Al! will be a test for the new gazebo as well.

Being an Arizona transplant to South Carolina, I am definitely perking my ears up. I've been through typhoons in Okinawa so I know how they can shut everything down.
You know the drill. Stock up, shore up and tie down.
Stay safe everyone..

Hang in there brother!

Batten down the hatches, and tie down those smokers!

Stay safe Al and Family. You seem to be well prepared.

Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things, but you never know.

I was a little boy when Carla slammed into the Gulf coast and we rode it out at my Grandfathers house. I was 14 when Celia hit Corpus Christi and it was wild. My Father was a contractor so we were able to drive through downtown and uptown the day after. We didn't have electricity for a month, but had a generator from the business in the driveway. Throughout the neighborhood was a huge block party.... everyone grilled the seafood first, then pork, beef and chicken.

Hoping a safe outcome for all that will be affected by the storm. Please sound off when passes so we know you are ok.
Thanks fellas, we have a few days to get ready, and hopefully it veers away from us, but if we get hit it won’t be the first time. I have hurricane shutters, two freezers, and a large fridge. Also have a 22kw whole house generator & a 500 gallon tank of propane buried in my yard. The new roof they just put on is rated for 160 MPH. So other than the massive cleanup I will have we should be OK. If some of our neighbors don’t have as much cleanup as me I will probably put some Q in the smoker & invite everyone down to help with the cleanup, then treat them to a big BBQ & beer fest after we are done. All of us in Florida are getting ready. We have quite a few members on the west coast, and I sure hope they do all right too.
Al

Looks now like it either skirt the Gulf coast or come in S of Tampa. I have crews set up to put up shutters at both my house and business. I live at Barefoot Beach in Naples. The next few projections will determine if it's Holy Sh** time or Hurricane party time.

• Wow
Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky