No Birds Here!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oddegan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 27, 2017
Fremont Michigan
No turkeys for Christmas dinner at Jared's house. SWMBO wanted something from the grill. Cut inch and a half chops from a pork loin and molasses brined them. Beer brined the rest of it. Garlic shrimp and some beautiful fillet mignon two inches thick with a light sprinkle of SPOG.

IMG_20181225_145710172.jpg
IMG_20181225_150303147.jpg
IMG_20181225_170630143.jpg
IMG_20181225_171945562.jpg

Thanks for looking
Jared

No birds here. Just Prime rib at the Daughter and SIL's, Egg casseroles and 3# home cured and smoked bacon here today.
Pork, the other white meat.

I am surprised to see the snow on the front of your grill. I would think it would melt off quicker.

Absolutely Love the dedication, seeing the snow on the controls knowing your out there bbqing surf and turf likes it’s july. Two thumbs and a big like.

No bird here either, we went with shrimp and scallops. Yours looks really good. Nice Job.

Point for sure.
Chris

Awesome meal there. My family likes the traditional meal. With some additions turkey, ham, and a bear and deer roast smoked with all the trimmings.

Warren

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm not a big fan of turkey and I prefer ham as a sandwich so I like to come with non traditional meals. This one turned out excellent.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky