Newbie here - Pellet Smoker Suggestions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ksmeatguy

Original poster
Aug 4, 2014
Blue Rapids, KS
I apologize in advance, I know this question has been asked a thousand times! I am new to the group and I am looking to purchase my first pellet smoker. I will admit I am a little partial to either Blaz'n Grill, they are built 45 miles from where I live or Yoder Smokers, they are built in my home state about 150 miles from where I live. I am looking for suggestions, pros/cons, size, options, etc... from everyone out there that has used a wide variety of different pellet grill/smokers. Input of any nature will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Howdy Meatguy and welcome!  

Both the pits you mentioned are great rigs with high customer satisfaction and excellent reviews.  I'd say you can't go wrong with either of those smokers.  A big plus for you is you can likely purchase either one directly, without having to pay the freight to have it shipped to you.  As far as size goes, my advice is go bigger if you can afford it.  There are lots of cooks who wish their pits had more capacity.

There are several other products out there that will compare favorably to the Yoders and the Blaz'ns in cost, features, and customer satisfaction.  I own a Rec Tec and like it a lot.  In the same general price range, there is also Green Mountain Grills (Daniel Boone and Jim Bowie), Cookshack Fast Eddie PG-500, Memphis Select, MAK 1 Star General, and Louisiana Grills...I'm probably forgetting some but all these are good pits.

Good luck!  Be sure to let us know what you decide to buy.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky