Suggestion for a Pellet Smoker Under $600

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Zeke2024

Original poster
Feb 11, 2024
2/11/24

Good morning everyone.

I currently own a Traeger Pro Series 34. I bought this in April 2021, and have had nothing but trouble with it over the past 12 months. I've had to replace the thermostat, hot rod, and now, the entire controller. I've had it with Traeger.

I am selling it and looking to buy a new rig. My budget is between $500-600. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

BTW - Enjoy the Super Bowl!

Reactions: JLeonard
I been running a pitboss Austin Xl for 5-6 years without any mechanical problems, I bought my son and his family a upright #5, I love the upright layout better than my traditional tube design, he hasn't had any problems, the newer smokers that has a way to add real wood and a upright design would get my $$ these days.

Reactions: RrmyGuy
Another vote for RecTeq. While they do have some smaller smokers in that price range...if you'd bump that up you'd get a lot more smoker for the money. You can only do what you can do though.

PS, customer support with RT is fantastic.

Reactions: 02ebz06
If you want a good Pellet Pooper, you may want to "Buy once, Cry once" on this one. I cried almost a decade ago when I got my Rec Teq, but it's still going strong with only a fire rod replacement since I bought it.
This! Ive had my Rec Teq for more years than I can remember - works every time, no issues, very solid. Ive run it in 100 degree weather and in driving snow and cold. Support is the best if/when you have questions.

my wife balked a bit before I got it. Then she ate the product and was in full agreement it was a good investment.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky