Newbie from Sacramento

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ross95655

Original poster
Aug 2, 2017
Hey everyone!

I'm a relative newbie that's managed to pick up the smoking bug.  I started with a small CharBroil vertical propane smoker (had a hard time keeping temps even)...recently "upgraded" to a small Masterbuilt propane smoker (the one that actually has the temp feed back to the valve).

I've had some pretty good success with that one - even only having the temp control and one smoke valve (is that what it's called...on the back?).  I volunteer with my FD and another chief and I have little informal competitions.

I have a DIY project I'm looking into (will post in the appropriate forum) and hoping the folks here can give me some advice, and of course looking for info on different meats, rubs, etc.

Rob

Rob, welcome to SMF, neighbor!  Glad you're here and looking to feed your smoking bug.  Lots of gassers here so any questions you have with yours should be quickly answered.

Enjoy the forum!

Ray 

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a pretty nice day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky