• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BalticViking

Original poster
Jun 7, 2019
Hi everyone!

We are located in the heart of Portland ("Portlandia") Oregon. We've been university chaplains with a group called Chi Alpha (AoG) since 1989, based at Portland State University.

So, we stumbled onto a "free" Traeger pro smoker on Craigslist, picking it up for a friend last winter. It is in GREAT shape. Turns out he doesn't have room for it at his apartment complex, so we're breaking it in this week with a 17 pounds of pork butt. I don't know---- it 'may' have conveniently "disappeared" by the time he comes to claim it.

I'm also trying out EasyBBQ Bluetooth thermometers for the occasion-- 2 in the meat, 1-2 inside the smoker

The forum already helped me get ready to smoke, so thanks!

Cheers
BalticViking

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome! I hope the 17 pounds is 2 separate pork butts and not one by itself or you are going to have a hell of a time! Post some pics can’t wait to see the inaugural cook on the free smoker can’t beat that deal

Thanks guys!

I will indeed post pics. Also if it turns out to be 1 big 17# chunk I'll be sure to divide it in half.

Take care
BV

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky