• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New to You from Portland, Oregon

BalticViking

Joined Jun 7, 2019
Hi everyone!

We are located in the heart of Portland ("Portlandia") Oregon. We've been university chaplains with a group called Chi Alpha (AoG) since 1989, based at Portland State University.

So, we stumbled onto a "free" Traeger pro smoker on Craigslist, picking it up for a friend last winter. It is in GREAT shape. Turns out he doesn't have room for it at his apartment complex, so we're breaking it in this week with a 17 pounds of pork butt. I don't know---- it 'may' have conveniently "disappeared" by the time he comes to claim it.

I'm also trying out EasyBBQ Bluetooth thermometers for the occasion-- 2 in the meat, 1-2 inside the smoker

The forum already helped me get ready to smoke, so thanks!

Cheers
BalticViking

5GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 12, 2018
Welcome from Middle TN. Great info on this site!

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Welcome! I hope the 17 pounds is 2 separate pork butts and not one by itself or you are going to have a hell of a time! Post some pics can’t wait to see the inaugural cook on the free smoker can’t beat that deal

noboundaries

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
BV, welcome to SMF! Glad you're here and putting that free T to work.

Enjoy the forum!

Ray

BalticViking

Joined Jun 7, 2019
Thanks guys!

I will indeed post pics. Also if it turns out to be 1 big 17# chunk I'll be sure to divide it in half.

Take care
BV

2008RN

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 4, 2018
welcome from Sweet Home, Oregon. Just down the freeway a bit.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.