New to you, but not to Q.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sticksnbones

Original poster
Jun 29, 2017
Wisconsin
Hello ladies and gentlemen!

My name is Brad and I'm happy to take this opportunity and join your group.
I smoke mostly ribs and birds but am excited to get into the recipe section and explore some other smoked goodies as well.
I started outsmoking meats on an ECB bullet about ten years ago. with a day of mod work it cooked very well but rotted to pieces over the years.
Then I built a verticle with lower firebox. Used an old gas grill for a donor. it cooks very well and loves to Minion some charcoal.
I also use a Chargriller pro. I only burn sticks and give it as much air as it wants. All vents wide open and ash door cracked too.
A smallish clean burning fire. I regulate temp by the coals I keep. The most important mod I did to this cooker was an adjustable baffle in the firebox to change the opening size leading to the smoking chamber. i feel the opening is too big by design, and restricting it in different degrees allows for a variety of chosen Temps at the grate with less spikes and tending.
Ok, enough small talk. Anyone know of a pretty lady who owns a bbq joint and needs a new man to run her pit?

Welcome to SMF!

welcome1.gif

Al

Welcome to the site. Lots of nice people and a lots of help if you need it. Don't be shy if you need to ask any questions. Plenty of people to willing to help if you need it enjoy. :grilling_smilie::grilling_smilie:

Thanks Ray!

How hot can you get the pizza oven on your kettle?
Been wanting to build an outdoor masonry oven for pizza that would hit 1000 degrees.
I have a nice vintage kettle. might be a whole lot easier to go that route:grilling_smilie:

Thanks Smoketrail Steve!
I will try to get some pics on here and start a thread about unique builds.
Never saw one before but it cooks nice. The price was very right. lol

Thanks SmokinAl!
Are those all your recipes?
I want to try bacon and I bet the dry aged Ribeye is phenomenal.
Im scheming about a closed door prime rib cook started on the smoker and then moved to the oven.

Thanks Brained121 !
I joined this sight because I have benefited from all of the chatter that goes on here. From smoker design and operation to mods and cooking techniques. Hoping I can give something back

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky