• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Sausage Making Scale

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
I'll have to check it out. I've been needing a new scale for way too long. Thanks for the tip.

woodcutter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 2, 2012
My picture disappeared.

Any how, I use 6" steam pans when working with large sausage batches and the scale I have been using only goes to 8 Lbs. I will use the small scale for the spices.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Todd, morning.... I bought one of these for weighing spices and cures etc....  weight just over 1# of stuff....   Raven's Scales on ebay...

And I have a scale like yours for meats etc...  Both are handy...  Dave

600 x 0.1 Gram Digital Pocket Scale Jewelry jewlery New

Last edited:

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Congrats on the new scale... its always good to have one that will go to 100 lbs or more and fit in a brief case.. I have one similar to yours and it's still works great..

woodcutter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 2, 2012
I pickup and deliver mail to post offices everyday so I took a hunk of steel in today and weighed it. The post office checked the scale with their weights and then we weighed my hunk of steel. 1Lb 13.5 oz at the post office and on this new scale. I'm happy!

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
Looks like a winner!

I see big batches of sausage coming?

Good luck and good smoking.

nelson2

Joined Jul 8, 2014
I think its really a cheap scale with more accuracy if you compare the price with other scales. I also bought counting scales at amazon but that scale don't have enough accuracy but it have many other features that i need.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.