New proofer. And pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mighty fine looking pizza Steve! Not helping...reading about pizza, pizza commercial, and thinking I should get off the couch to make mini pizzas out of the French loaf on the counter!

Ryan

Reactions: bauchjw
Mighty fine looking pizza Steve! Not helping...reading about pizza, pizza commercial, and thinking I should get off the couch to make mini pizzas out of the French loaf on the counter!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! Go for it! We love french bread pizza here too.

That is a yummy looking pizza Steve!!! And I just posted about tips for making better bread and here you post about a new gadget, a proofer!! Hmmmm......

Jeez, I’ve been fighting off the Ooni urge, now you bring this up…..I also just bought a book on bread because noboundaries noboundaries has me itching to do bread. I thought I’d be pulled into sausage making first, but it’s looking like bread and pizza may win 🏆

Incredible looking pizzas, they have me drooling!

That's a fine looking pie Steve! I don't know what a proofer is, nor will I look to find out. The Ooni seems to be dedicated towards the Euro thin crust version of pizza, limited toppings. I'm from the old school yankee way of loading them up with everything imaginable, thick crust but still a crunchy bottom bite. Jury is still out on the Ooni, but that pizza sure does look fine! RAY

That is a yummy looking pizza Steve!!! And I just posted about tips for making better bread and here you post about a new gadget, a proofer!! Hmmmm......
Lol! Thanks!

Jeez, I’ve been fighting off the Ooni urge, now you bring this up…..I also just bought a book on bread because noboundaries noboundaries has me itching to do bread. I thought I’d be pulled into sausage making first, but it’s looking like bread and pizza may win 🏆

Incredible looking pizzas, they have me drooling!
Thanks Jed! I plan on making bread this coming weekend. I've always had issues with proofing dough. This sure worked well with the pizzas.

LOL! I hear they come in anti-boss camo!
Doesn't work. Don't ask me how I know!

That's a fine looking pie Steve! I don't know what a proofer is, nor will I look to find out. The Ooni seems to be dedicated towards the Euro thin crust version of pizza, limited toppings. I'm from the old school yankee way of loading them up with everything imaginable, thick crust but still a crunchy bottom bite. Jury is still out on the Ooni, but that pizza sure does look fine! RAY
Thanks Ray! You can get a fairly loaded pie from an Ooni. Just have to keep rotating it.

Reactions: sawhorseray

I own the Oooni Koda 16.
You are right that the Ooni is dedicated to Italian style thin crust pizza.
Even on low flame settings the heat is to high for thick crust pizza. It will be burnt on the outside while still raw at the inside.

However. It is a "hack". You can turn the dial slowly against the off position to get an ultra low flame suitable for longer baking times and thick crust pizza

Reactions: jcam222
I own the Oooni Koda 16.
You are right that the Ooni is dedicated to Italian style thin crust pizza.
Even on low flame settings the heat is to high for thick crust pizza. It will be burnt on the outside while still raw at the inside.

However. It is a "hack". You can turn the dial slowly against the off position to get an ultra low flame suitable for longer baking times and thick crust pizza
Yup. That's how I do them. Look at my first post.
Another pizza that comes out great. Pretty well loaded to.

Last edited:
Reactions: BjornEK
Good looking pizza Steve,

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky