New in northern Ca.

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by rockinllazyp, Dec 5, 2013.

1. rockinllazyp

rockinllazyp Newbie

Hi all I'm Pat I'm in the process of building a sicker from an old freezer and a propane stove as my heat and using the digital control panel. I have used other smokers but this is my first build. Thanks

2. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Glad you joined us Pat! :welcome1:
    Post a few pictures of what your working with and show us as more as your build progresses!

3. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Hey Pat

Welcome.  Definitly (sh*t--probably spelled that wrong---again) put up some pics of your build

Gary

4. [​IMG]Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   

Gary

5. hagisan

hagisan Meat Mopper

Hello and welcome  rockinllazyp  from Sacramento.  Don't forget to stop over in the Fridge/Freezer build forum  (click link) and post pics of the build.  Then post Q-View of your cooks to make us drool.

Good luck with the build & happy smokin'

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  6. Post some pictures of what you are building

Gary

7. rockinllazyp

rockinllazyp Newbie

Here are some pictures. Finally

8. rockinllazyp

rockinllazyp Newbie

9. rockinllazyp

rockinllazyp Newbie

I was planning on putting a damper in the chimney but I also saw a post that talked about a diffuser plate to not create hot and cold spots, do I need it, or will the damper work? I canabalized an old propane oven I still need to mount the burner in the bottom. I'm not sure how much air I need allow to come in the bottom any ideas? Thanks. Merry Christmas

10. noboundaries

noboundaries Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Well Howdy Neighbor!  Roseville here.  Nice pics.  Looking forward to the results. 

Now, where do you keep the beer?