New from San Antonio Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SummerTus

Original poster
Dec 9, 2017
I just got a Masterbuild from my husband as an early Christmas present. I'm new to smoking and excited/terrified. Any advice on using an electric smoker?

-Summer

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a cool, foggy and damp day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Dito on Bearcarver's Step by Steps

Gary

Welcome to the board! Use the Search here to look up your smoker and see how people use them.

Many of us suggest starting out with chicken parts because they're inexpensive and quick to cook while you get the hang of your smoker.

Welcome Summer!

Don't be scared. A Masterbuilt just an oven that has smoke in it. It really is easy. You will quickly find out in other threads there are a few things most of us would recommend getting right off the bat: 1. A separate remote (dual probe) thermometer. 2. A pellet tray such as an A-Maze-N to use pellets instead of the side chip loader.

What size and model of Masterbuilt did you get? Congratulations by the way!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky