New from Kansas

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by jhammett, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Been a smoking enthuiast for years. Used many box store smokers nothing special. Started using a trailer smoker that my school metal shop built a couple years back. Just bought an older Oklahoma Joe 13" today at a garage sale for $125 and was
    Wondering if I got a good deal. It is in great shape.

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]   to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

3. Any points in how to post a picture of my new grill. I am trying to figure out the model and want to see if anyone is familiar with it

4. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Here is the icon it is the one click on it 

if you are using a phone you may have to scroll to the bottom of the page check if it is in desk top

Richie

5. Thanks had to get on a Computer My IPhone doesn't like the site I guess. This is the pit I picked up for $125 at a garage sale. It is heavy and thick walled. I think it will smoke well and hold heat. The guy said it was an old OK Joe but didn't know the model. There is a plate on the door but its painted over. Any Ideas what this may actually be? did I get a good deal? Ive never used the upright type chamber that will be a learning process. Barrel diameter is 13"

6. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

J if I knew were you were in KansasI would do you a favor and take it home.Thats a great deal Happy Smoken with it.When you get a chance update your profile with location.It helps getting better answers if you have a question

Richie

You could try switching the setting on your phone

7. Thanks I think I got the phone figured out. This is what I have been smoking on. Hoping to use less wood on the smaller pit

8. New smoker is doing well. Money muscle was great butts are coming along nicely. Vertical is a bit tough to get above 175 may have to move chickens into oven inside to finish

9. n4ynu

n4ynu Meat Mopper

Welcome to the Forum !

I looked a bit and found the 16" model just like that sold for $1500 new, so this one if smaller would have been cheaper but not by much IMO, I'd say you got one sweet deal, I have not even seen one of those before, it looks really nice, I would trade my Char Grill for that any day !

[​IMG]

jhammett likes this.