• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Bactoferm

73saint

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 8, 2017
What’s the benefit? What makes it better than what we are already using?

indaswamp

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
I saw that watching 2 Guys and a Cooler youtube videos.

According to Eric, it has a more pronounced red color once dried and is now his favorite culture to use. Only downside is you really have to watch the pH drop during fermentation to get the full flavor as some of the cultures are pH. sensitive.

crazymoon

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 24, 2014
Rick, This is interesting as I just posted in the "Blowing Smoke around the Smoker" area as to expiration dates on starter cultures. If I need to buy a new one this maybe the way to go!

Last edited:

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
im going to buy some. going to try it with UMAi salumi, im not worried about the ph.

indaswamp

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
The TSM site has a good video on it. Since i have not used it yet the vid will give better info.
I did not realize 2 guys and a cooler had videos posted up on TSM.... I ran across it after watching some of their other videos. I am looking forward to trying this culture once my chamber is up and running. Interested to know how you like it.

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
I just ordered it.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
Haven't made salami in ages. Looks like it's time to try this.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.