New Bactoferm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
For those of you who do fermenting salami/SS

New Bactoferm out.

11-1316-2T.jpg

I saw that watching 2 Guys and a Cooler youtube videos.

According to Eric, it has a more pronounced red color once dried and is now his favorite culture to use. Only downside is you really have to watch the pH drop during fermentation to get the full flavor as some of the cultures are pH. sensitive.

Reactions: crazymoon
Rick, This is interesting as I just posted in the "Blowing Smoke around the Smoker" area as to expiration dates on starter cultures. If I need to buy a new one this maybe the way to go!

Last edited:
im going to buy some. going to try it with UMAi salumi, im not worried about the ph.

Reactions: crazymoon
The TSM site has a good video on it. Since i have not used it yet the vid will give better info.
I did not realize 2 guys and a cooler had videos posted up on TSM.... I ran across it after watching some of their other videos. I am looking forward to trying this culture once my chamber is up and running. Interested to know how you like it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky