NEPA Coal Region Soupy Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
These are done fermenting.

Now to hang and dry. Had to use my noggin to keep the links from touching. OUCH

hit.gif

5-7 day hang. I have a small 4" fan in the corner for circulation. Biltong on the rack in back

Reactions: redheelerdog
Nice Job Rick!!
icon14.gif

Already Looks like Coal-Cracker Heaven from here.
drool.gif
----
points.gif

Beauties!
drool.gif

Bear

Last edited:
Hog casings.

Thanks y'all   <-- thats southern

Thanks

Yeah i was getting a brain cramp after that

Holy hanging snausages!!!! them look yummy!!!! 

A full closet of snausages is a happy ????????? maybe laundry person smelling all that goodness LOL 

DS

These are coming out better than i expected being its the 1st time i have made these.

Looking at 2 more hang days then press for couple days in the fridge to finish before the oil.

They are drying now and shrinking as you can see in the casings.

Reactions: redheelerdog
I'm checking in from the heart of NEPA coal country to see the finish!!

They're looking good, heyna?

Thanks y'all

I was converted to that area by my wife even though she was a Lancaster county girl.  My family is related to the Youngers and sons of the confederate soldiers. He road with Bill Quantrill. My uncle today is named after hIm. Cole Younger. On my moms side somewhere.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky