My "Outdoor" Kitchen Tour

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Somewhere I have a ton of pics of friends I recruit to man the wok like this.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 8.44.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 8.43.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 9.14.27 PM.png

Dude your set up is insane and awesome...this is all for your own use, parties and not for commercial/hire use? I wish I lived near you would love to spend time cooking in this arena.

• Haha
Reactions: HalfSmoked
Thanks guys very much for the comments -

Carrying on the 'tour', the arguably less exciting by always important ovens and range top are next up.

The range top is 4 burners - 35K BTU each - and has one interesting feature. The pan around the burners is supposed to be filled with water while using. at the end of the night, you take the drain plug out and everything goes down the drain. Like the wok station beside it. I don't use this feature much, I don't make that much of a mess on the stove so there's little need in my use case. But it's the first time I saw something like that.

The pair of ovens are convection gas and work well and fast.

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.33.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.33.34 AM.png

The hood system was a project into itself. I used Captive air as the manufacturer and they also did the calculations on sizes and design. We basically used two back to back hoods for the island, pulling around 6000 CFM in total. This required make up air, which I wanted to be tempered. This added a 10 ton heat pump.

PICTURE - This is the roof fan before being lifted onto the roof and installed, carefully, so you could not see it from any vantage point from the house. Behind me is the 10 ton make up air unit.

IMG_2013.JPG

Reactions: jaxgatorz
It's a nice smart control system - fan automatically comes on when it senses heat.

IMG_5614.jpeg

This outer plenum is where the make up air blows down. It creates a wind curtain on the outside perimeter of the hood on all 4 sides and sucks back up and in, which makes it perform well when I'm cooking steaks with huge flames on the grill.

IMG_5618.jpeg
IMG_5615.jpeg

Inside is the fire suppression system which is hooked to electrical breakers and gas system for automatic cut off in the event of a fire.

I've got the best housekeeper - she climbs up there and removes/cleans those filters through our dishwasher all the time.

IMG_5617.jpeg

Holy cow mate - you built a restaurant in your back yard. Impressive! What time is dinner?

Reactions: SCBBQ
Dude your set up is insane and awesome...this is all for your own use, parties and not for commercial/hire use? I wish I lived near you would love to spend time cooking in this arena.
It's at our home - just private use.

Reactions: clifish
Yeah I've been thinking a lot about those- but I'll likely do it in another location.

Reactions: indaswamp
That range is nothing but :-) for me!! I grew up using 30K burners (had 6 burners, 36 inch flat top, and 2 - 36 inch gas convection ovens) and its just hard to use anything else after that.......

I like the design. The variety of columns has nice effect. Well planned home. My only question would be how often do you have to clean the pool? We have a lanai over ours. It keeps the leaves and the critters out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky