My "Outdoor" Kitchen Tour

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks everyone for the kind words - always fun to share.

I’m not done with the tour yet !

Ok then.. Two more sections tonight.

First is the pantry. Not so exciting, and lots of crap everywhere that's hard to keep organized and in check. In any event, here is the pantry. Like most pantry's, I wish it was 4X as big. I was up against a set back line and was restricted on size, so at least I don't have regret that I left something smaller than I could have.

IMG_5700.jpeg

Reactions: indaswamp
Just recently added these carts for the charcuterie making. Wish I had another space exclusively for the appliances and additional support equipment.

IMG_5701.jpeg
IMG_5702.jpeg

and next, the charbroiler...

I used to buy a new grill every year (after it was destroyed by the weather and my cooking style) -and cooked out on the porch.

Transitioning to a commercial charbroiler was a big change and I haven't looked back. This one is now 5 years old and still kicking. Likely 3-4 more years left in it, I'd say.

It's a pellet fired, cookshack grill that's 4' wide and around 2' deep with super heavy cast grates.

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 9.21.15 PM.png

My style of cooking might appear to be unconventional but I love flame. Lots of it. I don't run away from ,it, rather, towards it. I hate grills that (by design) don't flame up when I want them to.

IMG_0885.jpeg

The hood really performs on nights like this. NO smoke gets in the kitchen at all.

IMG_5172.jpeg

and ... you might be thinking. tough as leather well done steaks? no way. Medium rare- medium rare plus, and nice char on the outside.

IMG_2700.jpeg
IMG_4703.jpeg

IMG_2702.jpeg
IMG_2409.jpeg

Controls on the unit - there are two controllers that look like this -

IMG_6034.jpeg

The unit has 4 hoppers/augers /fire pots, that are controlled by two controllers like above.

You dump wood pellets into the bin and can control the grill by: (a) - turning on a single side - (b) - starving a hopper or two within a side of pellets, leaving a cool side or cooler side, depending on your choice. This helps save on pellets used and also gives you a cooler side to cook on after you sear.

IMG_6033.jpeg

Bravo!!!!!

I’m a flame roaster fan myself! That fire is a beautiful thing……. If you ever need a sous for an event…..

Reactions: SCBBQ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky