My "Outdoor" Kitchen Tour

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So then a night time pic is coming ?
I need to capture a good one maybe tonight - for now this is all I could find handy.
AE4793CB-46FC-453F-8F9B-5C5B98004474.jpeg

Hey Rob.... that is one fine looking deer stand! LOL! I could see a food plot back there between the tree lines! <sarc> Cup of coffee and a lawn chair...could cruise SMF and deer hunt on the patio! LOL!!!

Serious though- that is one fine outdoor kitchen! Well thought out. I like the idea of the pocket doors with no threshold. Post some pics. of that cellar you mentioned.....

Reactions: SCBBQ
Ok.. Let's start with the smoker.

First, it's a cookshack brand smoker - FEC 500.

Here's a link.

It is called the '500' because it theoretically holds 500 pounds of meat. It will hold about that, but it's packed for sure.

It has 15 racks that are around 5' wide x 12" deep or thereabouts. They rotate when the unit doors are closed, and when opened, they stop. You use the foot pedal to rotate with the doors open to place or remove product. It has a valve on the bottom with a external grease pot on casters that fills up and has to be dealt with.

I can get 39 turkeys in it, 80 chickens, and briskets and Boston butts - around 500 pounds fits tight.

I can only get around 150 pounds of chicken wings, or cut chicken parts, since they take up more square inches than weight.

It works pretty seamlessly, knock on wood. I had to replace the control board the first week I had it, but besides that it's run pretty good. I use it in spurts. Sometimes use it every week, and then it seems like I might go a month or two without turning it on.

Installation: I wanted something built in. I didn't have much to go by. The MFG didn't have any experience doing this or have recommendations. It's a challenge because you need access to the left side and rear of unit. So built in, the front is a brick facade with stainless finish trim added in radius around the front of the unit to flash it to the brick opening. The left side has access panels to the gears etc for the carousel so I created a hidden wall that hinges open for that. The rear has built in shelves with a French door secret opening that accesses the rear of the unit, which has access to the pellet hopper and fire pot door, to clean out ashes etc.

I recommend buying the extra evacuation fan, which is separate cost and added some complexity to the installation. It comes on when you open the smoker doors so the smoke evacuates the chamber through the top and not out the front of the doors.

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 3.59.39 PM.png

Reactions: jaxgatorz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky