My latest creation....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Now that's a nice smoker, grate job !!!

Gary S

Would love to come out  and play, if I can get some time off work Ill be there.
Oh yeah, I hear ya on that. Work always seems to get in the way of a good time. I would just love to see that pit. Do you have rigs on display at your place? I'm up in Harbor Beach quite a bit during the summer and fall and wouldn't mind checking out your handywork in person.

Finished off the reverse flow plate and the plate to separate the grill chamber from the BBQ side. I tried a few different designs before coming up with this. Several practice burns were used to learn the temp and flow differences.

I did put a radius on the bottom of the divider plate to assist with air flow. The plates are all welded solid.

Fund raiser / Test burn...

Loaded down. ready to roll...

4:30 AM Arrived on site....Ohhhhh-Yeeaaahhhh! In my best Randy the Macho Man voice.....

I ran it across the scales on the way up north. No idea what the pit weighs, but the whole deal weighed 16,840 Lbs. (truck and trailer) As usual, the Superduty towed like a dream. Cruise was set at 78 MPH on I-75. Trailer handled AWESOME!!

Here she is about 4 hrs into a 10 hr burn....

Temps are very easy to hold / adjust; and are within 5 degrees from end to end.(Rear BBQ Chambers) Opening the front grill chamber to cook breakfast had no effect on the temps in the rear chambers. Temps were taken with both digital probes and a Fluke IR therm. Still need three matching gauges for the doors. But hey, this economy sucks, it'll come with time...Held this temp in breezy wind all day. Had to put wood in every 2-1/2 hrs or so. I used hickory for this burn.

A little peek..I normally wouldn't open these doors, but every one wants to know whats inside right??

The final product...

Still a few loose ends to tie up, but just about to call this one finished.

Reactions: ruralearl
Fund raiser / Test burn...

Loaded down. ready to roll...

4:30 AM Arrived on site....Ohhhhh-Yeeaaahhhh! In my best Randy the Macho Man voice.....
I ran it across the scales on the way up north. No idea what the pit weighs, but the whole deal weighed 16,840 Lbs. (truck and trailer) As usual, the Superduty towed like a dream. Cruise was set at 78 MPH on I-75. Trailer handled AWESOME!!

Here she is about 4 hrs into a 10 hr burn....
Temps are very easy to hold / adjust; and are within 5 degrees from end to end.(Rear BBQ Chambers) Opening the front grill chamber to cook breakfast had no effect on the temps in the rear chambers. Temps were taken with both digital probes and a Fluke IR therm. Still need three matching gauges for the doors. But hey, this economy sucks, it'll come with time...Held this temp in breezy wind all day. Had to put wood in every 2-1/2 hrs or so. I used hickory for this burn.

A little peek..I normally wouldn't open these doors, but every one wants to know whats inside right??

The final product...

Still a few loose ends to tie up, but just about to call this one finished.

All that for one sandwee???

Looks great and it looks like you'll be able to handle some massive crowds!

Wow that thing is sweet! Very nice build. With the right care I bet it'll last a hundred years! Glad the first test run was "up north" in true MI style!

Last edited:
That really looks nice, Let me make sure you have my address for shipping !!!!

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky