My Friend hooked me up!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
I needed a couple of holsters for my salumi bone needles. My friend offered to make them for me. I knew he did leather work, but WOW! He has talent and skill!
IMG_20221026_124606.jpg

IMG_20221026_124644.jpg

I'm blown away! So awesome! Good day today!

Man that's some sweet leather work. Wish I'd seen this two weeks ago. I'd have talked to him about doing a custom holster for a new pistil I got and had a heck of a time finding a holster for it. Finally did though so I'm good....but a custom leather one would have been great :emoji_wink:

Robert

Man that's some sweet leather work. Wish I'd seen this two weeks ago. I'd have talked to him about doing a custom holster for a new pistil I got and had a heck of a time finding a holster for it. Finally did though so I'm good....but a custom leather one would have been great :emoji_wink:

Robert
My friend has been making leatherworks for years...never sold any of his stuff. Just recently, when Covid hit, he started making stuff custom to sell. He is not full time, this is a hobby for him; and he is very good at it. I had no idea how good!
Beautiful work!! Congrats on getting them!!
Thanks tbern! I was blown away when I opened the package today!

You're not kidding he does nice work. Those are really nice.
Gary
I know....right!!!! Thanks Gray!

Outstanding!
How many pounds of your awesome charcuterie in the trade?

I used to do a lot of leatherwork.
Without seeing the back side my guess is those are hand sewn
Well....he insisted on not accepting payment. I told him I'm sending him a bunch of stuff...4-5" piece of everything salami I have on hand...

Reactions: JC in GB
I used to do a lot of leatherwork.
Do you know the best way to remove odor from leather? Something on it smells fruity...like maybe an oil treatment of something. And since this will hold a needle used to sample the aroma from salumi, I need the leather to be neutral.....any ideas?

Nice he does some very good work

Fruity is a new one to me.
Mineral oil is about the most neutral to me. Neats foot oil leaves a distinctive aroma to me that is subtle
Smell had always been individual perception even before this covid interference.
How do you know what you cannot smell? Think about it! I do not smell roses. Figured that out 40 years ago.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky