My best pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinLogs

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 5, 2017
Owensboro, Kentucky
I wanted to try something different with pork loin than my normal. I just kept it simple with a light dusting of my dry rub, some creole seasoning, and then some McCormack’s Italian seasoning and Weber steak seasoning. I wanted a savory blend of flavors, with a nice bark of course ground seasoning.

I fired up the UDS with some kingsford and hickory chunks, kept my temps around 200-225. Cooked the pork loin to about 150 degrees (about 2 hours). Then I let it rest for about 5 minutes. I got impatient lol.

It sliced up nice and smooth, and was probably one of the juiciest pork loins I’ve cooked. It had a nice blend of flavors with just enough heat to grab your attention. I’m very happy with the outcome. It has it all lol taste, texture and appearance! It’s definitely one of my new favorites...

D760EF79-22B4-44AC-9774-473803D65B62.jpeg 370571E6-D0A0-4C68-A2FA-31696FA177B9.jpeg 82626FDD-0E57-4333-8D94-A74C625EF9D2.jpeg 856C461B-D6A8-4340-8C1A-AF2011209347.jpeg 33B96900-6472-4C78-BA30-912E874BE13B.jpeg 1CE761AA-4FD8-4581-A3C1-F55C117AA6BF.jpeg 84A446BA-6853-45A4-A35D-6287376DC747.jpeg

Looks great. I don't know that I would have the courage to mix all those "rubs" together, fearing something would be out of balance. But those look nice. Glad it turned out for you.

Reactions: SmokinLogs
Looks great. I don't know that I would have the courage to mix all those "rubs" together, fearing something would be out of balance. But those look nice. Glad it turned out for you.

Thanks oldsmokerdude, I normally wouldn’t have mixed a bunch of seasonings like that either. Usually they have too much salt, but the Weber steak seasoning is salt free, and I use very little salt in my bbq rub. I wanted some bold flavor and got it. Thanks again.

Thanks, and not for long. I like to take leftovers into work for lunch. Sometimes I share with everyone, and sometimes I just make everyone drool over how good it smells lol.

You're such a tease. LOL.

Seriously, my wife and I invited our nextdoor neighbors over for smoked turkey breast on Thanksgiving. They had a never eaten smoked anything before. So I was mindful of that and didn't hit too hard with the smoke. Everyone raved about the flavor and juiciness. During dessert, the husband casually mentions that they have an 8# shoulder in the freezer. Me, being a good neighbor, offered to smoke that sucker if they were willing to...I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Reactions: SmokinLogs
You're such a tease. LOL.

Seriously, my wife and I invited our nextdoor neighbors over for smoked turkey breast on Thanksgiving. They had a never eaten smoked anything before. So I was mindful of that and didn't hit too hard with the smoke. Everyone raved about the flavor and juiciness. During dessert, the husband casually mentions that they have an 8# shoulder in the freezer. Me, being a good neighbor, offered to smoke that sucker if they were willing to...I am still waiting to hear back from them.

I don’t know what’s taking them so long. I couldn’t imagine not smoking something if given the opportunity lol I’m always imagining how I would smoke things. Isnt it the only way to cook?

I just talked with my neighbors to see if they were still interested in smoking the shoulder. They have opted for the crockpot with veggies and potatoes route. As my neighbors explained it, they want to reciprocate for the T-day feast by inviting us over. It's all good and I am sure the shoulder will be delicious. But yeah, I know what you mean about smoking and trying new stuff. The last time I used the grill was for burgers this past July. Otherwise, into the smoker it goes.

I've been busy trying to convince my wife that we need to smoke a boneless leg of lamb for Christmas if the weather permits. Yeah, lamb is pricey but hey it's Christmas. Besides, who needs presents when there's meat to smoke?

Chile posted about one his leg of lamb smokes a while back, so I that piqued my curiousity. Chile's lemon marinade sounds out of this world.

I've been busy trying to convince my wife that we need to smoke a boneless leg of lamb for Christmas if the weather permits. Yeah, lamb is pricey but hey it's Christmas. Besides, who needs presents when there's meat to smoke?

Chile posted about one his leg of lamb smokes a while back, so I that piqued my curiousity. Chile's lemon marinade sounds out of this world.
Thanks, it was pretty tasty.
I didn't note the exact amounts, just eyeballed it till it looked evenly and well seasoned.
Olive oil
The zest from two large lemons
The juice from those two lemons
One lemon sliced
Fresh chopped Mint
Tony Chachere's More Spice? ( I think that's what I used?)

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Thanks, it was pretty tasty.
I didn't note the exact amounts, just eyeballed it till it looked evenly and well seasoned.
Olive oil
The zest from two large lemons
The juice from those two lemons
One lemon sliced
Fresh chopped Mint
Tony Chachere's More Spice? ( I think that's what I used?)

Thank you John. My "CRS" gets the better of me these days. Couldn't remember if you listed the exact ingredients and amounts. This will give me a good jumping off point.

I just talked with my neighbors to see if they were still interested in smoking the shoulder. They have opted for the crockpot with veggies and potatoes route. As my neighbors explained it, they want to reciprocate for the T-day feast by inviting us over. It's all good and I am sure the shoulder will be delicious. But yeah, I know what you mean about smoking and trying new stuff. The last time I used the grill was for burgers this past July. Otherwise, into the smoker it goes.

In a situation like that it would be fair to take some liquid smoke along...
Just sayin....

Yeah, Chiles leg of lamb sounds pretty delicious. When I was first getting in to cooking bbq I dabbled with a little liquid smoke on some pork shoulder in the crockpot. I thought it was pretty good(BACK THEN). But I’ve seen the light lol, no going back now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky