Most consistent burning wood?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's unfortunate about DNR and wood. They are just doing their job I suppose. Ive had run in with DNR in Michigan. But it always during salmon fishing season.
Snaggers are always using illegal fishing lures and keeping snagged fish. I just show them my gear and they leave me alone. $200 for keeping a snagged salmon. Nah. I'm good. I'll just fish for them the legal way. Plus I always out fish the snaggers.

That's unfortunate about DNR and wood. They are just doing their job I suppose. Ive had run in with DNR in Michigan. But it always during salmon fishing season.
Snaggers are always using illegal fishing lures and keeping snagged fish. I just show them my gear and they leave me alone. $200 for keeping a snagged salmon. Nah. I'm good. I'll just fish for them the legal way. Plus I always out fish the snaggers.
The DNR here is almost oppressive. The state and federal government works in concert and funds them with my money of course. Years ago they started blacktopping state trails. To broaden the useage we were told. So the bicyclists and inline skaters could use the trails as well as moms who like to push strollers down the trail for a quarter mile and then turn around and get back in the car. All this of course while the streets are full of pot holes.

Next thing was to ban snowmobiles with track studs because they damaged the blacktop. Now ATV use is banned on the majority of these trails because it's deemed dangerous to the other users.

Guess who spends the money at the eating and drinking establishments along these trails? Not the bicyclists and inline skaters. Snowmobilers and ATV users spend the money. Friend of mine owns a establishment along one of the most popular trails. He gets a lot of folks coming off the trail that are bicycling or skating. But guess what. They occupy space and order a pitcher of water, Maybe the occasional soft drink or cup of coffee.

Now take into account where I live. Northern Minnesota. How many months do we have that are bicycling and rollerblade friendly? 4 months maybe? Take out the rain days etc and you don't have much. I drive by these trails daily several times and they are abandoned as far as the eye can see in both directions. It's a shame.  Meanwhile all you see in the winter are snowmobiles on trailers heading for the more friendly states of Michigan or Wisconsin. Summer time same thing with ATV's.

Sorry but it's a major rant of mine. Only makes it worse this time of year when I pay taxes. Then they have the audacity to put a check off box on your tax form to donate money to the DNR!
icon_evil.gif

As far as the wood regulations go it's like it always is with the government. Follow the money. Ash bore weevil is not a thereat to oak or maple or other hardwoods. That's why they are not called oak or maple bore weevils but yet all these woods are targeted for restriction.

Take a guess at how much it costs for a supplier to become DNR certified? First off you have to have a kiln drier then get inspected and then pay for your certification. Not one time either. Annually. It's becoming impossible to live life as a law abiding citizen.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky