More SV Chuck

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normonster

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
deleted

_______

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
NM, That is one tasty looking chuckie! I was wondering what my next SV would be and now I know! like

Looks Great, Norm !!
Have you tried 30 hours yet.
I did some at 21 hours & they were Fork Tender & Perfect.
Then I got one Chucky that was not at all Fork Tender. (Tough Chuck)
So I changed to 30 hours, and they've all been Perfect, so far:

Here's that one: Super Chuck Roast

Bear

Looks good. 48 hours long time to wait. Is this pic the little cast iron grill from lodge?
View attachment 386798

Yep, that is it. Not a bad grill. I actually prefer the split grills with handles and adjustable height (my profile pic), but they don't make a quality version of it. The Lodge is the best I could find. I just put some vice grips in service on the grill as a handle and I use a charcoal basket under the coal grate to reduce the distance between grill and coals.

Reactions: phathead69
Looks Great, Norm !!
Have you tried 30 hours yet.
I did some at 21 hours & they were Fork Tender & Perfect.
Then I got one Chucky that was not at all Fork Tender. (Tough Chuck)
So I changed to 30 hours, and they've all been Perfect, so far:

Here's that one: Super Chuck Roast

Bear

Yes Sir I have. I originally got the idea from you actually and I've read all of your threads (one reason I wanted to try a shorter SV time actually). I think you're right; the time required depends on the meat. Damn fun way to cook no matter though! Cheers.

Yes Sir I have. I originally got the idea from you actually and I've read all of your threads (one reason I wanted to try a shorter SV time actually). I think you're right; the time required depends on the meat. Damn fun way to cook no matter though! Cheers.

Exactly!
I thought 21 hours was Perfect, until I ran into a tougher Chuck, so I went to 30 hours, hoping 30 hours would do the "Not-so-tough" Chuckies & the "Tough Chuckies". So far all of my 30 hour Chucks were Fork tender, without showing any signs of going too long.

My Eye Rounds come out perfect at 21 hours.

Bear

Yep, that is it. Not a bad grill. I actually prefer the split grills with handles and adjustable height (my profile pic), but they don't make a quality version of it. The Lodge is the best I could find. I just put some vice grips in service on the grill as a handle and I use a charcoal basket under the coal grate to reduce the distance between grill and coals.
Love the grill. I'm going to try a chuckie SV
Here's mine in recent action.
20190120_183322.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky