Smoked a Chuck Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Redicans

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2023
Hawaii
Smoked a Chuck Roast last night. It came out pretty good. Had a nice smoke ring and was very tasty. Could have used a bit more salt but I was ok with that. Second one on my new smoker.
IMG_4735.jpeg
IMG_4737.jpeg

Looks nicely done! We do a LOT of chuck at our house and just a tip to just hit it with a bit of sea salt after you slice it. You will get way better salt seasoning with way less consumed if it is in the rub. I actually do this for most my smoked meat….

Reactions: Redicans
Looks perfect to me, and as civil said, salt can be added after the cook. I actually prefer rubs lower in salt because you can get more rub on without oversalting. People can add salt to their own taste on their plate.

Looks nicely done! We do LOT of chuck at our house and just a tip to just hit it with a bit of sea salt after you slice it. You will get way better salt seasoning with way less consumed if it is in the rub. I actually do this for most my smoked meat….
Nice! I like that idea!!
Looks perfect to me, and as civil said, salt can be added after the cook. I actually prefer rubs lower in salt because you can get more rub on without oversalting. People can add salt to their own taste on their plate.
Yeah I agree on adding salt to ones taste.

Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky